Neato VS Roomba – Compare Of The Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners?
With the technological hike and advancement robotics has emerged out as the most potential field to introduce in the sphere of life wherever possible. With the advent of robotics in the manufacturing of vacuum cleaners, people look for some of the best brands that make and sell them. And when we talk about this, the name of Neato and iRobot (Roomba) comes as the most promising ones.
Globally, both these brands have made a remarkable place as they have introduced some of the best robotic vacuum cleaners to splurge upon. Let us talk about the major technologies they have used in the manufacturing along with their mode of design and working. This could give a fair idea about the usability and versatility of their product.
The Brands Neato vs iRobot
Both Neato and iRobot are known for making some of the amazing robotic vacuum cleaners. The more you ponder upon their products the more awestruck you would go. Utilizing the most advanced techniques they used to manufacture a masterpiece which is worth every penny. Let us take an insight into these brands and the way they design their vacuum cleaners for the customers.
Neato- Working since 2010 Neato has made a remarkable place in the market. Encompassing some of the best technologists and engineers Neato has emerged out as one of the most reliable brands. Since the past decade, it has brought some of the best selling vacuum cleaners for the people.
iRobotics- iRobotics is the name behind every Roomba vacuum cleaners. This company initiated way back in the 1990s and since then it is proving its worth in the field of making robotic vacuum cleaners. With a good experience and large expertise in the field, Roomba vacuum cleaners never fail to impress the customers.
No wonder, both these brands, manufactures the best robotic vacuum cleaners, but they have kept some remarkable differences between their machines. From the design to the cleaning pattern there are notable distinctions which make them unique and one of their kinds. Let us take a sneak peek at them one by one.
Designing of Neato and Roomba:
Neato: Almost every Neato robotic vacuum cleaner could be seen coming in D Shape. While this D-shaped vacuum cleaner can go to the places which are hard to reach, they can clean almost every inch and corner of the room. It comprises a large brush to take each speck of dirt with it.
Roomba: The ones coming from Roomba are circular in shape. Although this retard going to the corners the brush and bin present in them take the dirt and dusts out completely. The circular shape makes them look exotic, but impedes them from going to the corners where most of the dirt resides.
BOTTOM LINE- D-shaped vacuum cleaners with the ability to reach every corner with perfection outgrow the feasibility of circular vacuum cleaners for a complete cleaning. Thus, here Neato gets one extra point.
Neato: The vacuum cleaners from Neato make use of laser mapping technology. It scans the whole room for the presence of dirt and dust and maps out the cleaning path which is most suitable and takes minimum time for cleaning. It makes back and forth movements for a thorough cleaning. The major technologies used by Neato include the following:
- SpinFlow™ Power Clean Technology.
- LaserSmart Mapping and Navigation.
- Auto Charge and Resume.
- D-Shape with CornerClever.
- Multi-Room Navigation and Entire Level Cleaning.
Click here to see The list of best selling Neato vacuum cleaner
Roomba: Roomba vacuum cleaners comprises “dirt detector” which intelligently pick up the spot where the extra dirt is present. Other than cleaning the whole room with spinning around and making its own path overcoming the obstructions, it captures the dirt from every spot by repeatedly moving over it. The major technologies used with Roomba include the following:
- Persistent pass cleaning method.
- Wall-Following Technology.
- Anti-Tangle Technology.
- Cliff detection sensors.
- Moulded soft-touch bumper cushions.
- Light-Touch Bumper Technology.
Click here to see The list of best selling Roomba vacuum cleaner
BOTTOM LINE- No matter what the laser mapping technology is far better than the dirt detector one. While Roomba takes a lot of time, Neato completes its task in the least time possible by cleverly deciding the path and places to clean foremost. Although Roomba is using iAdapt® Responsive Cleaning Technology, the ones from Neato seems better.
Compare Some of The Best Neato and Roomba Vacuum
1. Neato Botvac D3 Wi-Fi Connected vs iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
It has been seen that both Neato Botvac D3 and iRobot Roomba 650 have impressed people at the most. Wonderful reviews and user support are the proof that both are successful in delivering the kind of work customers’ desire. Let us compare both of them and know which one is best by far.
Neato Botvac D3 Wi-Fi Connected Laser Navigating Robot Vacuum, Works with Amazon Alexa:
The major features include the following:
- It uses laser smart navigation technology.
- Spin flow power clean technique is also being utilized.
- Along with D shape design, the CornerClever technology ensures a thorough cleaning.
- It can be operated with just one click of Neato app.
- High powered lithium-ion battery gets charged by its own and work for 3 long cycles of cleaning.
These features have allured people the most and have compelled many to go for it without giving any second thought. Let’s just take a heed of the potential pros and cons of the product.
- Being Wi-Fi enabled it can be operated with its app installed on your smartphone. It is user-friendly and can be started, scheduled and stopped by your phone itself. You may also receive notification regarding the work on your phone, making the whole process really smart.
- The powerful suction of the cleaner makes sure that every corner of the room will get rid of dirt and dust as the D shaped machine reach every curve with ease. It scans and maps the route by itself.
- It is designed to clean wood, tiles, carpets, and rugs with ease. From pet hairs to every filth and grime, it can suck all completely.
- It comes along with all important accessories like power cord, filter and combo brush.
- There are no boundary markers, but can be purchased separately.
- There are no side brushes in the machine.
Coming in the dimensions of 12.7 x 3.9 x 13.2 inches, it weighs just 8 pounds and thus easy to carry anywhere. With a precise Laser Smart Technology, the Neato Botvac D3 claims to clean 4 times faster and more rapidly than any other robotic vacuum cleaner. Ensuring a wide cleaning path it is best for people who have pets in their home and want to get rid of stubborn pet hairs lying all around the room.
iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum:
The next product in its comparison is iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum which is known for giving a wonderful outcome by the end of the day. Some of its features are so amazing that coerces people to get it.
These features are as follows:
- It utilizes the iAdapt Navigation technology, which takes the help of the sensors to catch the dirt and dust.
- It comprises 3 stage cleaning system where stimulates the machine following brushing and sucking the dirt from the floor.
- It can be started with just tap of the button of the vacuum cleaner and can be scheduled for the next 7 days.
- It works on its own and recharges when gets down with the battery.
- It’s designed to work on floor, hardwood, tiles, carpet and almost every kind of surface.
With these specifications, it has alluded the people and thus become one of the most purchased robotic vacuum cleaners of the time. Now let us take an insight into the major pros and cons of the iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner so that a fair idea of its versatility can be understood.
- It can be scheduled for as many days as you want it to be. With its user-friendly interface, one can specify the days in which a thorough cleaning is required.
- It comes along with some of the essential accessories required to keep the working smooth and functional machine.
- With its patented 3-Stage Cleaning System, one can get rid of almost every stubborn dirt and dust from the home and make it as clean as possible.
- The presence of Dirt Detectors are the add-ons of Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner with the help of which it concentrates on the areas of extra clean up.
- There is no app connectivity of Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum Cleaner making it less smart than the competitors.
- It doesn’t have the full bin indicator system due to which the person using it has to check it on his own.
Coming with a cleaning tool and one extra filter this machine comprises the dimensions of 13.4 x 3.6 x 13.4 inches and weighs 11.7 pounds. With its dual multi-surface brushes it not only loosens the stubborn filths but also suck them up completely. Intelligently navigating all around the home this vacuum cleaner can be considered for small rooms which get less dirty.
BOTTOM LINE: Both being fantastic it becomes really hard to choose one. If you are looking for an experienced product then go for Roomba, but its smart technology is your cup of tea then note could be your ultimate choice.
2. Neato Botvac D80 VS iRobot Roomba 860
The next two potential products in the row are Neato Botvac D80 and iRobot Roomba 860. Both of them have again excelled in performing a superb task of cleaning and thus are loved by people a lot. But when it comes to choosing one out of the two great products, it becomes a matter of concern. So let us evaluate them individually and find out which one is the best.
Neato Botvac D80 Robot Vacuum for Pets and Allergies:
So the Botvac series from Neato has indeed impressed the people and compelled them to make a purchase. Since its features are so enthralling people start considering it over many other similar products.
Here are the major specifications to ponder upon:
- It makes use of its patented technology which uses the laser smart mapping and navigation to scan the room and make its own path for cleaning.
- The special D shaped designing helps in reaching every corner of the house to suck up every speck of dirt and grime.
- The Spin Flow Power Clean Technology develops great suction and leaves the floor spotlessly clean and tidy.
- It has the power to get recharged by its own when the battery drained out and resume working which makes the whole process free of hassles for the user.
These smart technologies and expertise are cleaning make this vacuum cleaner from Neato one of the most promising one to splurge upon. While it’s Laser Smart Technique ensures smart steps towards cleaning, the Corner Clever Technique gives a complete and thorough clean up in the house. The major pros and cons include the following:
- The suction power of the product is amazing as it goes with SpinFlow Power Clean technology, which is designed to endow a great suction and thus a complete cleaning.
- It cleans every edge of the corner with precision as the side brushes ensure not even a speck of dirt will remain in the room.
- With its spiral blade brush as well as combo brush the whole cleaning process is done with full accuracy and without leaving any chance of doubt.
- Since there is a dirt bin which is extra large and bagless it becomes extremely easy to empty the dirt.
- There is no mobile connectivity with this device, making it lesser smarter than some other similar products.
- There is not a dirt indicator in this vacuum cleaner from Neato.
Coming with the dimensions of 12.7 x 13.2 x 3.9 inches, it weighs just 9 pounds and thereby easy to carry anywhere. It encompasses one extra high-performance filter making it even better to splurge upon.
iRobot Roomba 860 Robot Vacuum:
Since we have pondered upon the working and versatilities Neato Botvac D80 comprises, let us have a look at its most potentially competitor in the market that is iRobot Roomba 860 Robot Vacuum Cleaner. As we have mentioned that iRobot is way older than Neato people like to prefer it for having a vast experience and know how.
Here are the major features of this model from iRobot:
- It makes use of iAdapt Navigation technology, which works on the sensors present in it to navigate the path along with the dirt and dust.
- Due to the presence of AeroForce 3 stage cleaning system, some extra cleaning is always expected from it.
- There are zero chances of clog development in the machine as it comprises tangle free extractors.
- It can be scheduled for the next 7 days and can be made working with just one tap on the CLEAN button.
The user-friendly interface and advanced technologies present in the machine have impressed people a lot. While the chances of battery getting drained are very less, the cleaning process goes unhampered until the whole room becomes neat. With these features the main pros and cons to ponder upon are as follows:
- The maintenance is required in this device is very less which makes it even more alluring.
- Designed to work perfectly on carpets and hardwoods, this product is worth to make use of at any surface.
- With its special “Dirt Detect” feature it scans the dirty spots of the room and repeatedly works on their improvement.
- The scheduling of Roomba 860 is very advanced as compared to other similar devices.
- It didn’t comprise mobile connectivity and one has to schedule it from the device itself.
- It lacks multi-room navigation feature and thus works in one room at a time.
Cleaning under beds, Kickboards and every furniture in the house, the Roomba 860 weighs just 8 pounds and comes with the dimensions of 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches. With its self-charging capability, it gets charged by its own and resumes working again. With its side brushes and 3-stage cleaning process, people loved it a lot.
BOTTOM LINE: If you are looking for the best iRobot vacuum cleaner then Roomba 860 is the best one which worth every penny. From its wonderful maneuverability and accessories, it has stepped up from the Neato Botvac D80.
3. Neato Botvac D5 Connected VS iRobot Roomba 960
Almost every product from Neato and Roomba has managed to make a remarkable place in the market. But as the time goes by both brands start absorbing latest technologies in their vacuum cleaners to impress their customers even more. The next two products in the comparison are Neato Botvac D5 and iRobot Roomba 960. Let us see which one outnumbers other.
Neato Botvac D5 Connected Navigating Robot Vacuum:
The next robot vacuum cleaner in the row is Botvac D5 from Neato. From the advanced technologies to the working abilities, everything about this product is just amazing making it one of the best to look upon. With accessibility with Neato app, it becomes one smart product to splurge upon.
Here are it's major features:
- The laser smart technology along with a spin flow power clean technology this device make sure that every room of the house gets a thorough cleaning.
- With its automatic recharging capability once after getting drained out it return back to the base, refill with energy and resume to work.
- With the Neato app connectivity, the scheduling of the vacuum cleaner becomes extremely easy and can be done from anywhere.
- The boundary markers make sure that none of the corner and the edges remain dirty. The side and combo brush are the add-ons ensuring a complete cleaning.
With the control over the WiFi connectivity, the Neato Botvac D5 becomes the vacuum cleaner of the present era. It's not only clean one room, but also navigates to other parts and rooms of the house to give an entire level cleaning. People have loved this vacuum cleaner due to these alluring features. Other than these the main pros and cons related to it are:
- The Neato Botvac D5 vacuum cleaner is very easy to maintain and uphold as compared to many other similar devices.
- Designed to work perfectly on every kind of surface, it cleans up not only the hardwood floors and tiles but even carpets and mattresses as well.
- With its large dirt bin size 0.7 liter, the chances of dirt spilling become zero.
- It can clean up to 4,500 sq ft in one, round which is quite an impressive data.
- The device, although is Wi-Fi enables, it requires the user to download the Neato app on the phone.
- It didn’t include any dirt detect feature.
Coming in the dimensions of 12.7 x 3.9 x 13.2 inches and weighing just 8 pounds, this product is designed to work on every surface with much ease. The technologies used are smart and versatility cannot be doubted. This gives people enough reasons to splurge upon it without any second thought.
iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity:
Now it’s time to take heed of the salient features of Roomba 960 and what all does it has in store for the customers. Being an old brand, iRobot knows exactly what users desired and thus tries every possible way out to astonish them.
Let us take a look at the major features it endows to the users.
- The use of iAdapt 2.0 Navigation Technology it navigates the path to be followed to get rid of dirt and dust from the house.
- The cleaning system utilized in Roomba 960 Robot vacuum Cleaner makes use of AeroForce™ 3-Stage Cleaning System ensuring a complete cleaning.
- With the help of iRobot HOME App, one can start, stop and schedule the whole working process of the vacuum cleaner.
- Since it comprises special “Dirt Detect series II” Technology the chances of any filth or grime remaining in the room becomes zero.
While the side brushes of the device make sure that none of the places will remain dirty, the presence of full bin indicator acts as an add-on feature which is lacking in many other similar products. Ensuring an entire level cleaning this device is loved by all. Here are the main pros and cons which decide its value.
- It comprises a powerful lithium-ion battery which has the ability to get recharged on its own when drained and resume the work again. One cycle completes in 75 minutes.
- Due to Wi-Fi enabled interface the scheduling becomes very easy and free of hassles.
- For letting the clogs, open there is tangle free debris extractor which eases the functionality of the product manifolds.
- The presence of AeroForce Cleaning System isn’t just loosens the dirt and grimes but also suck them five times more than any other similar device.
- Although the Roomba 960 excels in many fields, when compared to other cleaners from the same brand, then it comprises shorter battery life unlike Roomba 980.
- It doesn’t encompass the carpet booster feature which is otherwise present in Roomba 980.
With a weight of 8.6 pounds and dimensions of 13.8 x 13.8 x 3.6 inches, this product becomes easy to port anywhere. Designed to function perfectly in hardwood to tiles and carpets one can splurge on it. Being a WiFi controlled device, it gives you enough reasons to make a smart choice.
BOTTOM LINE- Seeing the technology and working mode of both these vacuum cleaners are superb it is very difficult to choose one. Both of them have a fantastic cleaning process and endow a great final outcome. Since both are priced almost same, you can go as per your choice.
4. Neato Botvac Connected VS iRobot Roomba 980
And now its turn to compare Neato Botvac Connected with iRobot Roomba 980. Both of these have made a notable place in the market. Utilizing the most suitable and advanced technologies they have become the most preferred robot vacuum cleaners in the recent past. Let us look at them one by one.
Neato Botvac Connected Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum, Works with Amazon Alexa:
Apart from using the Laser Smart Mapping and Corner Clever Technology it also utilizes the Eco and turbo mode for working. The more you ponder upon its salient features and specification, the more you get compelled to get it.
Here are the main features of the product.
- It has a multi-room navigation system with 5000 sq ft cleaning in one cycle to give an entire cleanup at least time possible.
- While the echo mode can be used to get a long and quite cleaning process, turbo mode will endow superpower cleaning with maximum hair sucking up.
- When the battery drains out it returns to the base, get charged with its own and resume working.
- With the side and combo brushes, there are boundary markers as well, so that a thorough cleaning can be obtained.
Since it can be controlled by an app one can easily schedule its working. From ultra performance filter that can suck particles as small as 0.3 microns to high capacity lithium ion battery, everything in the device is worth to make a purchase. These are the major pros and cons of the product:
- The best thing about is it can be controlled from mobile or tablet through WiFi.
- It is designed to perform best in every kind of surface.
- The dirt bin of the cleaner is extra large and can suck all the dirt and dust easily.
- It is easy to maintain and has a user-friendly interface.
- Although it comprises ultra performance filters, they are very difficult to clean
- There is not dirt detect indicator present in it.
With the weight of 16.8 pounds and dimensions 12.7 x 13.2 x 3.9 inches, the Neato Botvac Connected is the best to get if you have pets in your home. All the hairs and mess due to them can get cleaned automatically once schedule with the Neato app. It is easy to deal with and best for any home.
iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity:
This was one of the most awaited vacuum cleaners from iRobot and once released it attains wonderful critics remarks. Roomba 980 robot vacuum cleaners not only enable you to schedule the cleaning process via iRobot Home App but also clean the whole house with iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization.
Let us check out the main features of it:
- With its iAdapt 2.0 Navigation, it scans the path to be followed to clean the home.
- The presence of AeroForce™ 3-Stage Cleaning System ensures a thorough cleaning without leaving any spot dirty or filthy.
- Dirt Detector Series II technology is yet another perspective feature adding to the worth of the product.
- It can recharge and resume back on its own.
The lithium-ion battery present in the device makes sure that an entire level cleaning will be obtained. From the side brushes to the tangle-free debris extractors, everything in the Roomba 980 vacuum cleaners is alluring giving reasons to go for it. Let us take a look at the major pros and cons of it.
- There is a full bin indicator which is an add-on of the product not present in many similar devices.
- There are high-efficiency AeroForce® Filters enhance the entire working process of the machine.
- It is designed to work on all kinds of the surface of hardwood, tiles to carpets and mats.
- The two modes, echo and turbo gives you options to perform cleaning as per the preferences.
- To go with the smart technology you need to have a smartphone or tablet with you with its app installed.
- The presence of cliff sensors didn’t let it clean the black carpets and surfaces.
With the dimensions of 13.9 x 13.9 x 3.6 inches and weight of 8.7 pounds, this device from Roomba doesn’t require too much maintenance. With its multi-room coverage facility, you can sit back and relax and let Roomba 980 robot vacuum cleaner do the needful for you.
BOTTOM LINE- Being the top models from the brands both of them has the best technologies for the cleaning process. If money is not the issue, then choosing such top models would be the safest decision. While Roomba has auto carpet boost feature, Neato can work with the dark surfaces. So chose wisely and make the decision as what your pocket allows.