5 Best Vacuum for Low Pile Carpet Reviews In 2020
Purchasing a vacuum cleaner is usually an unnecessary hassle. It takes a lot of time to research the various brands available on the market, sifting through the many reviews and visiting stores to see the vacuum. Not only can this become a very long, tiring process, it may still lead you to purchasing the incorrect hoover for your carpet.
If you have a low pile carpet and need to purchase a new vacuum, look no further! This review will provide you with all the relevant information to help you make the right choice when it comes to your carpet. The following information aims to educate you about low pile carpets and to inform you of which vacuums are good through five honest reviews.
Table of Contents
- Top Vacuum For Low Pile Carpet Comparison
- What is the meaning of low pile carpeting?
- Can a simple vacuum clean a low pile carpet?
- Best Vacuum For Low Pile Carpet Reviews
- 1. Roborock S4 Robot Vacuum, Best For Pet Hair And Low-Pile Carpets
- 2. ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Ideal For Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet
- 3. BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Max, Robot Vacuum, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
- 4. Tesvor Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner, Clean from Hardfloors to Low-Pile Carpets
- 5. Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum
Top Vacuum For Low Pile Carpet Comparison
For Optimal Use
Roborock S4 Robot Vacuum
Use on low-pile carpets, tile, wooded and hardwood floors
ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Ideal For Pet Hair, Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet
BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Max
Use on low- to medium-pile carpets, tile, laminated, and hardwood floors
Tesvor Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner
Hardfloors to Low-Pile Carpets, for Dust and Pet Hair
Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum
Hard Floor, Upholstery, Carpet
What is the meaning of low pile carpeting?
Before venturing into what low pile carpeting means, it is important you understand what the word pile connotes. Pile refers to the loops of fabric that are formed to create your carpets surface. These piles help to make your carpet soft and more moveable, or denser.
Low pile carpets have short carpet fibres, meaning that the pile loops are tighter together. However, this does not mean that a low pile carpet is not soft or luxurious, it is just more condensed and typically less easy to damage. It is important to remember a low pile carpet is just as sort after as a high pile rug and can be the best option for you home in many circumstances.
Low pile carpets would fit your home if you, or anyone in your household suffers from severe allergies. This is because low pile carpets have less space for allergens to lodge themselves into and cause issues. Low pile carpets are great for dining rooms of in games rooms, due to their smoother surface. This allows you to move chairs, toys or games across the carpet much easier.
Another way to determine if low of high pile carpets are right for you is to consider how much time you have to clean your house. Low pile carpets are offer a flatter surface, making it easier to clean and to remove stains with ease.
Can a simple vacuum clean a low pile carpet?
It may be an oversight to say that all low pile carpet can be cleaned with a simple vacuum cleaner, there are some situations where this will not be the case. However, for the most part, yes, a simple vacuum cleaner can deal with low pile carpets. It is important to remember that the best result may not always be experienced when using one.
As low pile carpets are easy to clean and maintain overtime, the hoover used to clean them does not need to have many settings or the strongest suction. Low pile carpets do not hold on to debris like high pile carpets do, allowing for a vacuum to be sourced with less add-on.
As low pile carpets can withstand quite heavy foot traffic without becoming discoloured and stained it is assumed that they need less attention. In an obvious way, this is true as less debris gets stuck within its fibres. However, if you want your low pile carpet to look good for years to come it is a good idea to invest in a vacuum that will do that.
Granted, it is hard to choose the right vacuum for your low pile carpet, with so many options on the market it can send your head spinning. That is why we have trawled through the internet to provide you with an honest review of five vacuums which could be great for your low pile carpet.
Best Vacuum For Low Pile Carpet Reviews
1. Roborock S4 Robot Vacuum, Best For Pet Hair And Low-Pile Carpets
The Roborock S4 Vacuum offer its users a high-power suction, great for lifting dirt out of low pile carpets. At 2000pa it has the power to lift AA batteries up off of the floor, but still advises that the same cleaning effect may not be experienced on high pile carpets and rugs.
It uses a precision laser to navigate its way around rooms, the vacuum can scan the room it is cleaning and creates a real-time map of your home. The accuracy is sharp, meaning that it only defers around 2cm making it an excellent robot vacuum for meticulousness when cleaning.
This vacuum can be controlled by an app, this means the user can save the maps of their house on there and activate preferred cleaning modes. Through this app the user can choose low-power settings, create no-go zones and control the vacuum wherever they may be. This means the vacuum can be activated whilst they are out, at work, on holiday, anywhere!
The Roborock is powered by a supersized 5200mAh battery, meaning its cleaning capacity can run for over 150 minutes. In this time your whole house can be cleaned with ease. It is designed with a transparent case, making it easier to check its dust catcher and adds a nice touch of style.
- The product has a long-lasting battery, of 150 minutes.
- It can be controlled by an app, allowing for use anywhere and at any time.
- It is best suited to low-pile carpets.
- The product uses precision lasers to ensure an accurate map of your home is collected.
- The Roborock has a 2000pa suction rate, yet it is surprisingly quiet.
- Some users have had issues with it working on their carpets, as it gives navigation code errors.
- Reviews state that it can run out of power before getting back to its charging point.
2. ILIFE V3s Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Ideal For Hard Floor and Low Pile Carpet
This product is great for pet friendly homes, the ILIFE V3 offers a tangle-free clean on pet hair. The product focuses on picking up hairs and pet debris on your floors without it getting tangled or stuck in its brush or filter.
The vacuum is self-charging, meaning that it knows when it will run out of battery and return itself to the charging pod in enough time. It has a programmable scheduling tool, smart sensors to ensure that it does not bump into anything and damage it or fall of any objects or down your stairs. The average run time of the ILIFE V3 is around 100 minutes.
This vacuum offers its customers ease of use and comes with a remote control to help programme it. For additional functionality the ILIFE V3 model has a one touch auto clean button, allowing the user to touch this and end up with their whole house cleaned to perfection.
This vacuum has four cleaning modes; auto clean, edge clean, spot clean and schedule clean, each of which easy to choose and activate as and when they are needed. The vacuum is easy to maintain, the user must empty its dustbin and clean the filter after each use to ensure the best results are experienced.
- The battery of the ILIFE V3 can run for around 100 minutes.
- It offers customers four different cleaning modes.
- It is a pet friendly vacuum.
- It is easy to maintain and keep running efficiently.
- The ILIFE V3 is a self-charging model.
- This model is best suited for hardwood, tile, laminate or stone flooring.
- The filter for this vacuum must be changed every month.
3. BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Max, Robot Vacuum, Cleans Hard Floors to Medium-Pile Carpets
This model has been re-engineered with the strongest suction power, 2000Pa, that has been released by RoboVac yet. The BoostIQ technology can increase its suction power within a second of recognising when extra vacuuming strength is needed. This allows for its users to experience the most thorough clean when using this product.
The RoboVac offers its customers multiple cleaning modes, each of which help to adhere to the cleaning situation that is needed on your floors. It can clean for as long as 100 minutes on one full charge, meaning it has the power to clean your whole house at one time.
The product is only 2.85 inches tall, allowing it to reach under sofas and other low-hanging furniture with ease. It is fashioned with anti-scratch tempered glass for added protection as it cleans your home and is kitted out with infrared-sensors to help navigate around obstacles in your house.
It has a Unibody filter, making it easy to clean meaning that is it less maintenance for users to deal with. The RoboVac has a 0.6L dustbin, allowing it to pick up more dirt and dust as it cleans your home.
- It is a small product at only 2.85 inches, meaning it can get those hard to reach areas.
- It has multiple cleaning modes to best suit the user.
- The product has a 100 minute battery life per clean.
- It offers its customers a 2000Pa suction capability.
- The RoboVac is self-charging and can navigate its way back to its charging point after each clean.
- Some reviews state that the RoboVac vacuum struggles with tackling pet hair.
- This product is quite noisy as compared to other similar offerings.
4. Tesvor Robot Vacuum and Mop Cleaner, Clean from Hardfloors to Low-Pile Carpets
The Tesvor Robot Vacuum is a hybrid design, this mean it has joined the functionality of both a mop and vacuum in one product. The vacuum is designed to prep your flooring for the mop, picking up debris and dust, then the mop offers a deeper clean on your hardwood floors.
The vacuum alone offers a deep clean, it operates at 1800Pa suction. This alongside its small and slim design makes the Tesvor easy to get into hard to reach places and under furniture. It can work on two different levels and can easily navigate itself from carpet to wooden floors and vice versa.
Tesvor has designed the product with 100 mins worth of battery life. This high battery capacity makes cleaning your house easy, it has been designed to switch from low-pile carpets and hard wood floor with ease. Nevertheless, this product is not compatible with high-pile carpet and should not be bought this is what you are hoping to tackle in your home.
This product can be controlled with both Alexa and Google assistance voice commands, allowing it to integrate with your home easily. It also boasts an app which offers users advanced features such as; scheduling, cleaning modes, real-time monitors and online support.
- Hybrid design which unifies both a vacuum and a mop in one product.
- Slim and small design making it easy to navigate in your home.
- 1800Pa suction capabilities.
- 100 minutes worth of battery life and a self-charging doc station.
- This product can be controlled via an app or through Alexa or Google assistance voice commands.
- Not compatible with pet hairs as this can jam its filter.
- Due to its dual vacuum and mop capabilities, this product is more useful for hardwood, laminate or stone flooring, not low pile carpets.
5. Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister Vacuum
This product has been designed with all flooring in mind. Miele have created a gentle sensor for hardwood floors and an adjustable working height, allowing smooth transitions from carpet to other flooring with ease. The 1200-watt Vortex motor allows its users to experience effortless vacuuming in larger areas too.
Miele offer six settings of different suction options, matching with every floor’s needs. This combined with its super air clean filtration system and Miele designed air-clean dust bags, your carpets will be spotless after one use.
This model is lightweight and compact, making it easy to move up and down stairs, or to wherever you need to clean. It also comes with many integrated tools, including an upholstery tool and dusting brush to ensure the best finish is experienced.
Another great feature of the Miele vacuum is it lets the user know when it is time to change the bag, this is great for those users with hectic lifestyles. This product is versatile and can be used on your drapes, furniture, throw-rugs to name a few.
- It has a versatile design that can be used across all flooring and home furnishings.
- The Miele has a 1200-watt vortex motor.
- The product is designed with six suction settings.
- It lets users know when to change the dust bag before it gets too full.
- The product is adjustable to working at different heights with ease.
- Some reviews state that this product works best on hardwood flooring.
- Reviewers have categorised this product as having a temperamental design, with regards to its outer shell.
Purchasing a low-pile carpet cleaner, whilst easier than doing the same for a high-pile carpet, still requires a lot of research. Ensure that the vacuum states it is compatible with low-pile carpets and check the suction capabilities of it before purchasing. Do not be fooled by going with well-known brands, make sure you have.