5 Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors In 2020 – Reviewed by Pet Vacuum Lab
There is no doubt that laminate floors enhance the beauty of the room manifold. They look elegant and classy. However, at the same time, keeping them clean and their maintenance becomes a matter of concern. It is when having the best vacuum for laminate floors becomes highly essential.
Another reason why a vacuum is essential for laminate floors is most of them are made up of wood. Wood and moisture do not go hand in hand. While wet mopping or steam cleaning could cause irreplaceable damage, a good vacuum cleaner for the laminate floor could prove to be highly beneficial.
So here we are providing you an insider into five best vacuum cleaners for laminate floors with their essential features, pros, and cons. Check them out and pick the one that suits your requirements.
Table of Contents
- Compare of Best Vacuum For Laminate Floors
- Quick review of 5 best vacuum for laminate floors
- Essential features to consider while buying a vacuum cleaner for laminate floors.
- Other important features
- How to protect your laminate floor and use the vacuum cleaner effectively
- Final Verdict
Compare of Best Vacuum For Laminate Floors
Onson Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum
Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum Cleaner (NV501)
Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner (NV803)
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Quick review of 5 best vacuum for laminate floors
1. Onson Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This is a wonderful cordless stick vacuum cleaner, perfect for those who are looking for a sleek device for vacuuming their laminate floor. Onson uses advanced technology to bring the best for its customers. This vac is no exception as it is equipped with some of the most desirable features like powerful suction, rechargeable batteries, high-quality filters, and much more.
Let us take a glance at the key features that make Onson stick vacuum cleaner perfect for laminate floors.
Key Features of Onson Cordless Stick Vacuum:
- Powerful cleaning- The device comprises a powerful 150 watt suction in its Max mode. It can readily suck up dirt, dust, and debris of different sizes in no time. Their upgraded versions are highly effective on solid and smooth surfaces.
- Cordless- Cordless vacs have its own perk as your movement does not restrict, and you don’t need to change the switch to reach the desired place.
- Noise Free- Being an upgraded version, it works on low frequency, making less sound, and ensuring a quiet vacuuming session.
- Lightweight- The lightweight makes it perfect for people who have weight restrictions and can’t move with bulky devices. It weighs just 3.08 pounds and has dimensions of 26.8 x 8.9 x 6.3 inches.
- Additional tools- It comes with an extra sweeping brush, 2-in-1 vacuum dusting brush, crevice tool, and a charging adapter to make the process.
Apart from these, the device comes with two snap-on tools. It helps it converting from stick to a handheld device, which is another perk of Onson stick vacuum cleaner.
- Flexible head
- High power lithium-ion battery with 2200 mAh capacity
- Dual working modes- standard and max
- Washable filters
- The size of the dirt cup is 0.55L, which is small and calls for frequent removal of dirt.
Bottom Line- Although, the size of the dirt cup is small, it has immense positive points to ponder. It takes just 4 hours to recharge and comes with easily detachable and washable filters. Moreover, there are two different brushes so you can sue it for both-carpets and laminate floors. So, you don’t have to buy two different vacs to fulfill two different purposes.
2. Tineco A10 Master Cordless Vacuum
Tineco is winning the hearts of people by providing highly useful and effective vacuum cleaners for laminate floors. This stick vac is light in weight and ensures a thorough cleaning due to its powerful suction. The best part is its digital motor, which keeps running and make sure you accomplish the vacuuming task.
Another fascinating fact is you can switch it to a handheld vacuum cleaner. From the powerful brushes to the presence of LED, everything makes this device one of its kind. Let’s take a sneak peek into the features that set it apart from others.
Key Features of Tineco A10 Master:
- High suction- The powerful 350W brushless motor provides excellent suction that quickly lifts the stubborn dust particles. There are two 2000 mAh lithium-ion batteries that are detachable and endow uninterrupted vacuuming session for 50 minutes.
- 2 LED power brushes- These two brushes can be switched to work on different types of floors efficiently. It can be used on the carpet as well as a laminate floor.
- Cordless- The hustle to handle the cord eliminates with Tineco A10 master cordless vacuum cleaner.
- Lightweight- The main body of the device weighs just 2.87 lbs, which is so light that anyone can use it. Moreover, it can be converted into handheld to meet the vacuuming needs from your end.
- 4 stages fully sealed filtration system- The device has a highly efficient filtration system that captures even the minute particles and expels hygienic and non-allergic fresh air.
Another interesting fact is it comes with a rinse-free filter cleaning tool so that suction remains persistent and you can vacuum uninterruptedly. The incredible efficiency of the device has made it one of the best for the laminate floors.
- Ultra-quiet design
- Longer battery life
- Powerful motor and suction
- Dual pin adapter for easy recharge
- Dual brushes
- The runtime is 50 minutes, so if you have a large house, you have to recharge it again.
Bottom line- With the dual brushes- one full size LED multi-tasker power brush, and another full size LED soft roller power brush, this vac from Tineco could be your pick. It comes with all the desired tools and accessories and has impressive suction- 4 times more powerful than any ordinary cordless vacs.
3. Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum Cleaner (NV501)
Shark is one of the most reliable names when we talk about vacuum cleaners. This amazing upright and corded device vacuums up the solid and smooth surface of the laminate floor. It comprises some of the fascinating features like an anti-allergy seal, lift-away hand and LED headlights that enhance the worth of the vac manifold.
If you are looking for a brand that has made a reliable place in the market, go for the Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum Cleaner. Let us find out what makes it extraordinary and perfect for the households.
Key Features of Shark Rotator NV501 :
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology- It makes the entire ambiance hygienically clean, especially for people who are prone to allergies.
- HEPA Filters- These filters are the most efficient filters that trap 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- Advanced swivel steering- It makes the vacuuming task easy by controlling the maneuvering in and around the furniture.
- LED Headlights- Enabling you to find the dirt particles from darker areas like below the furniture or back of the door, LED headlights to illuminate the area perfectly.
- Extra large dust cup capacity- If you are involved in vacuuming an ample space, an extra-large dust cup will assist in extended cleaning without causing any interruption.
- Dual functionality- for carpet and hard floor
- Lift-away press button to lift the canister away
- Large hose length- 8.4 ft
- Premium pet power brush
- Attaching the clip to the hose is a little troublesome.
Bottom line- Giving a portable cleaning power, the Shark Rotator Professional vacuum cleaner is reliable and highly effective for laminate floors. The presence of anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filter elevates the worth of the device even more. If you don’t want to try ‘not-so-popular’ brands, go for this vac without any second thought.
4. Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Vacuum Cleaner (NV803)
This is another excellent vacuum cleaner for the laminate floor from Shark. As the name implies, it comprises Duoclean technology, which means it can work on different types of surfaces. It is possible due to the presence of a dual brush roll system. Moreover, this device has a user-friendly interface wherein the controls are in at your fingertips. Switching it from carpet to hard floor is easy and fast.
If getting a reliable, branded and effective vacuum cleaner is on the list, pick Shark DuoClean Vacuum Cleaner. The variables that set this device from Shark apart from others are listed below.
Key Features of Shark DuoClean NV803:
- Duo Clean Technology- There is a bristle brush for deep cleaning the carpets and soft brush roll for hard laminate floors. The dual functionality makes it worthier than others.
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology- It comprises the most effective HEPA filters that are known for trapping 99.9% of dust and allergens and giving clean, pure, and hygienically safe air.
- Fingertips control- Switching the device from carpet to hard floor is essential to avoid the occurrence of scratches. This is when fingertips control comes in handy and ensure your laminate floor will never damage.
- Powerful LED headlights- These are present on the nozzle to spot the hidden dirt, dust, and debris so that you can reach there and remove them easily.
- Extendable Wand- It ensures that your vac can access hard to reach places and gives a thorough cleaning experience.
- Dynamic swivel steering
- Powered lift-away
- Directly engage to the floors
- Powerful suction
- Easy switch
- Difficult to attach the clip to the hosing as it gets loose.
Bottom line- When it is about laminate floors, you must not compromise on its cleaning. This vacuum cleaner from Shark is perfect for having every desired feature. The DuoClean technology and HEPA filters increase its worth and make it one of the best out of all.
5. iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Robot vacuum cleaners are the new cool in today’s modern and advanced life. If your schedule is hectic, no need to go further because this robot vacuum cleaner will take care of your laminate floor without your interference. All that you need is set the time of vacuuming, and it will start working on its own. The best part is its self-charging capability wherein you don’t have to worry if it gets discharged in between vacuuming.
Compatible with different devices due to Wi-Fi connectivity as well as with Alexa, this could be the smartest cleaning gadget you can have for your laminate floor. The features that make it one of the best vacuum cleaners for the laminate floors are below.
Key Features of iRobot Roomba 675:
- 3 stage cleaning system- It loosens, lifts, and sucks the dirt, dust, and debris from the floor effectively.
- Dual multi-surface brushes- The brushes are so efficient that they can grab small to large debris and particles easily and in one move.
- Auto-adjusting cleaning head- It adapts to the different surfaces and heights automatically and switches the brush to give the best vacuuming results.
- Powerful sensors- Sensors help in navigating in the area intelligently without crashing with any object coming in the way like furniture, wall, etc.
- Edge sweeping brush- These are designed typically a 27-degree angle so that debris sweep away from the tight corners and edges of the room.
- Connect and schedule from anywhere
- Good for pet hair
- Intelligent and smart navigation
- Dirt detect sensors
- Wider compatibility due to Wi-Fi
- Lacks the anti-allergen system.
- There is no automatic dirt disposal which is expected in robot vacs.
Bottom line- It is one of the best vacuum cleaners that you can get for your laminate floor. The best part is you don’t have to put any hustle in its running. Although coming at a little higher price range, the iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum Cleaner is worth every penny.
Essential features to consider while buying a vacuum cleaner for laminate floors.
When you are picking the vacuum cleaner for a specific floor type, considering some variables becomes essential. It is essential to ensure that it has floor-specific features and functions. It will not only help you in getting the best product but also ensure making the cleaning process hassle-free.
So let us find out what features are essential to look into vacuum cleaners for laminate floors.
Type of brush- Laminate floors are smooth and therefore calls for a vacuum that has soft rollers instead of bristles or brushes. Hard bristles and brushes that can do wonders while cleaning the carpet can cause great damage to the laminate floors. Devices that have switchable brushes and where you can change the height of the roller are also handy for laminate floors.
Suction settings- Suction is one of the key factors that determine the usability of any vacuum cleaner. The devices with an adjustable suction setting are the best to consider. Generally, the solid surfaces do not require high-powered suction, which is essential for carpets and upholstery. So, the device where you can switch the suction setting is good to consider.
Filtration system- While you can find a plethora of filters in vacuum cleaners, the HEPA filter is still the best out of all. It is said to remove 99.9% of microscopic dust particles and make the floor free from germs and diseases causing microorganisms. Effective against dirt, dust as well as harmful bacteria, select the vacuum cleaner which has HEPA filter.
It is also the best for users who are prone to allergies. Since HEPA filters ensure multi-stage filtration, they play a significant role in cleaning the laminate floor and at the same time filtering the air.
Vacuum layout- There are different types of vacuum cleaners out there when it comes to their layout and design. We are not going to discuss each one of them in detail. However, buying the one which has standard design characteristics can make the vacuuming task easy. Dirt container and power sources are important variables.
Weight- Lightweight vacuum cleaners are always the priority of most of the people. It rules out the mobility issues and makes the vacuuming hassle-free. While canister vacuum cleaners are highly efficient, they are bulky. On the other hand, stick vacuum cleaners are light in weight and easy to whip out the mess. However, at the same time, their dirt capacity and cleaning ability are not as efficient as the bulky ones.
Apart from stick vacs, there are self-propelled models as well that eases the vacuuming task even more. So people with weight restrictions or some medical issue like arthritis must look into features like gripping and weight of the device before making the purchase.
Range of use- Since it is about the laminate flooring, getting the one with long cord makes the work easy. Generally, most of the vacuum cleaners have 25 feet long chord, allowing a reasonable cleaning range. Some devices also come equipped with additional batteries that can enhance the cleaning range even more.
Tools and accessories- The more tools and accessories you may get with a vacuum cleaner, the better it will be. Tools and accessories are meant to enhance the worth of the device and make it more useful. Moreover, they also assist in meeting the needs of specific cleaning applications and user mobility situations. Devices coming with telescopic extension wands, soft brushes, crevice tools, hose attachments are also preferable over others. They add to the value of your vacuum cleaner to a great extent.
Other important features
1. LED lights- LED lights to illuminate the hard to access areas, reaching the dirt, dust and microscopic particles that generally go unnoticed. So it’s a perk having LED lights in your device.
2. Adjustable movements- The devices where the heads can swivel, handles can adjust, height can change, and motorheads can bend endow great comfort while vacuuming. These are some important variables that can work on the debris and remove them more efficiently.
3. Physical size- Although physical size is an attribution of different functions in a vacuum cleaner, you do not want to have something which takes ample space in your room, right? While a big device might be having a large dirt container, a sleek one is easy to access. So get the device that equips most of your desired features and at the same time is not very large.
4. Tools for maintenance- Some manufacturers are also providing the tools. For instance, there are filter cleaners to remove the tangled dirt, dust and debris, hair tangle helpers to get rid of tangled hair and other variables that assist in the maintenance of the device.
5. Pet-related functions- Pet owners always look forward to vacuum cleaners that can work against their pet’s mess. The device that can handle pet’s fur, dander, and sometimes the flecks of kitty litter by adjusting the suction setting and using the tools and extensions are the best to consider.
How to protect your laminate floor and use the vacuum cleaner effectively
No matter how classy the laminate floors look if you are not putting extra efforts in their cleaning, they may deteriorate the look of the entire room. Even if you have selected a perfect vacuum cleaner, keeping in mind its power, mobility, and user-friendly interface, you have to vacuum regularly to keep the floor shine like new.
You might have to deal with more dirt, dust, and stains if you vacuum once in a month. Use the vacuum cleaner to remove dry spills, sticky stains along with minute dirt particles, pet fur, and other mess and debris. Removing the spills immediately is essential, or else the chances of damaging the laminate floor increase.
Likewise, pet hair and small filth particles also become easily noticeable on a laminate floor. They can only be cleaned with the help of regular vacuuming. It is the reason why laminate floors always require a good vacuum cleaner. While some people prefer vacuuming every day, some are fine doing it once in a week.
Some important FAQs
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions .
Question: Do vacuum cleaners for laminate floors prevent scratches?
Some vacuum cleaners are features-specific. They are made especially for the solid and smooth laminate floors to prevent the occurrence of scratches. Since laminate floors are prone to scratches, these devices are equipped with soft rollers instead of hard brushes and rough bristles. You can also prevent abrasions by avoiding the use of rotating brush rollers. A soft and spongy brush roller works perfectly on laminate floors.
Question: Which type of vacuum cleaner will be the best for the laminate floor?
It is essential to consider certain features like the softness of the brush, wheelbase, and high suction to get the best result. While soft brushes will ensure the prevention of scratches, powerful suction will effortlessly pick up human hair and pet fur. You have to make sure that by no means there will be chances of coming scratches.
Question: Can one vacuum cleaner work on both laminate floor and carpets?
Yes, definitely. Many high-profile vacuum cleaners can deal with different surfaces. These devices can switch their functionality from the laminate floor to carpets whenever required. However, you need to make sure that you can quickly switch the brush roll off otherwise scratches may appear on the floor.
Question: What extra tools and accessories do I need to consider?
If you have a cordless vacuum cleaner for a laminate floor, keep a set of spare batteries in handy. Likewise, stock up with replacement bags and filters if the old ones are torn out. Many vacuum cleaners for laminate floors also provide upholstery and carpet attachments so widen the functionality.
Laminate floors are beautiful. They enhance the look of the room only when they are clean and shinning. Therefore, having a device that can work effectively on the laminate floor is very important. A feature specific device can tackle the solid and smooth surface of the laminate floor easily.
The vacuum cleaners listed above are ideal from all the aspects. Each one of them works effectively on the laminate floor, giving a clear and shining surface instantly. However, it is advised to make the final choice as per your preferences, usability, and the specific features you are looking for.
So figure out your cleaning requirements and make the right choice.