The Most Comprehensive List Of Top Vacuum For Shag Carpet
A clean home doesn’t only mean a clean floor and spotless tiles. Upholstery and carpets secure an equal place and making them neat are just as important. People love to own different carpets and rugs in the home. While some are meant for the floor, some are for stairs. However, the real difficulty arises when you have to clean them.
Shag carpet falls under the same category, cleaning which seems a highly daunting task. They are deep-piled and have the shaggy appearance, cleaning which is not a child’s play. However, the market today is flooded with many vacuum cleaners meant especially for the shag carpets. All that you need is to get one feasible vacuum for shag carpet and make your carpet as clean as they could ever be.
To help you find the best vacuum cleaner for shag carpet here, we have enlisted some excellent products in the category. Coming from reliable brands and profoundly easy to use, they are loved by the users the most.
So, continue reading to expand your knowledge about the shag carpet and their vacuum cleaners.
Table of Contents
- TABLE: Best Overall Vacuum For Shag Carpet
- What is shag carpet?
- Quick Reviews of 5 Best Vacuum For Shag Carpet
- Buying Guide For a Shag Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
- Cleaning Tips For Different Types of Shag Carpets
- Final Verdict
TABLE: Best Overall Vacuum For Shag Carpet
Shark Rocket Duoclean, Hv382
10.2 x 9.8 x 46.4
Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
11.5 x 14 x 43.5
Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Family Pack
12 x 12 x 36
Electrolux EL4335B Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum
17 x 11.5 x 13
Eureka FloorRover Versatile Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner NEU562A
12.5 x 12.5 x 45
What is shag carpet?
When we talk about some of the finest carpets made in the history the name of shag carpets come foremost. Their shaggy appearance and the use of high-grade fabric impart the desired plush feel to the user. If you want to elevate the elegance of the room, get one shaggy carpet, and you are all good to impress your guests.
Since the time has evolved, the manufacturers of shaggy carpets try to inculcating newer materials in it. Along with this, the use of advanced technologies has enhanced the quality of these carpets manifolds. Great sophistication lies in shag carpets made with perfection. Therefore, you can’t rely on any random shag carpet vacuum cleaner to make it tidy.
Now let us discuss some of the best vacuum cleaners meant especially for cleaning the shag carpet. The devices below fulfill the needs of the users and encompass many features listed above. So, check them out.
Quick Reviews of 5 Best Vacuum For Shag Carpet
#1. Shark Rocket Duoclean Hv382
Every vacuum cleaner from Shark Rocket is worth every penny. And this product meant especially for the shag carpet fulfills all the needs. The use of advanced technologies elevates the value even more. The best part is its light weight and easy maneuverability.
- It is equipped with DuoClean Technology for a thorough cleaning of the carpet.
- Being a pet multi-tool is can easily pick up the pet hairs and make carpet hygienically clean.
- The soft brush roll and ultra-soft bristles make cleaning of the fibers of shag carpet easy.
- There are LED lights in the device to spot the hidden dust and debris.
- The additional tools make cleaning hassle-free.
Coming in the size of 10.2 x 9.8 x 46.4 inches this vacuum cleaner weighs just 9.9 pounds. Therefore, operating the device is very easy. Also, maneuvering becomes a process free of hassles. It is one of the sophisticated shag carpet vacuum cleaners to ponder.
- It can effectively suck not just the large filth's but minute dirt particles as well.
- It is light in weight.
- The device encompasses a user-friendly interface.
- It comes with a hair removal tool to obliterate the pet hairs.
- Duster crevice tool and wall mount storage hook make it more worthy.
- Some people complain that it is not sucking up the pet's hairs properly.
- The suction power looses after some time.
#2.Soniclean Soft Carpet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Soniclean is one of those brands which, with time, have managed to make a notable place in the market. Although not very popular, the vacuum cleaners from Soniclean are perfect to use for the shag carpets. They are meant in such a way that they work perfectly on soft style carpeting.
- It consists of an adjustable vent system for enhancing the air flow.
- Soft nylon brush roll bristles are perfect for the carpets with fibers and shaggy appearance.
- There are 200 sonic vibrations are effective cleaning.
- The design of the motor is Direct-air Paramagnetic to elevate the suction.
- It comprises a HEPA filtration system.
This device weighs just 10.5 pounds and has the dimensions of 11.5 x 14 x 43.5 inches. This indicates that the machine is light weighted enough to use and maneuver easily. It is perfect to use on soft carpets to maintain their style and softness. The use of soft bristles on the brush is an add-on which makes sure you would end up getting a perfectly clean and tidy shag carpet.
- It comprises large front wheels for proper vacuuming.
- The powerful motor ensures suction will never lose.
- There is advanced jam protection where the machine stops working if it senses any item is jammed inside it.
- The fragrance pods freshen up the room.
- The motor can be digitally controlled.
- The cord is extra long which unnecessarily adds to the weight of the machine.
- It doesn’t come with additional tools for enhanced cleaning.
#3. Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3 Family Pack, Deep Carpet Cleaning Machine
Coming with different tools to make the cleaning more appropriate, this is one excellent vacuum cleaner from Rug Doctor. It is perfect for deep cleaning and making your shag carpet as new as ever. The carpet cleaning solutions coming with the machine make it more amazing.
- It is a family pack coming with everything required to get a thorough cleaning.
- The Mighty Pro X3 machine is equipped with every feature that makes it worthier than others.
- There is one Oxy-Steam Carpet Cleaner for the enhanced cleaning process.
- The handheld upholstery tools make the process free of hassles.
- It is made by utilizing advanced technologies to make your shag carpet newer than before.
The whole package comes in the size of 12 x 12 x 36 inches and weighs 55.5 pounds. It effectively removes the dirt, dust, and soil and ensures you would get a carpet free from all stains and spots. From the machine to the additional tools, all contribute to making the process easy.
- It neutralizes the odor and eradicates every speck of dirt.
- It works not only on the new stains but removes the old spots as well.
- The whole package comprises everything needed to make the carpet look new and fresh.
- It is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface.
- The machine is perfect for deep pile carpets.
- It would be more useful if it comprises a large holding tank.
#4. Electrolux EL4335B Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum
The vacuum cleaner for shag carpet from Electrolux is equipped with every essential feature. From the ergonomic design to the use of HEPA filter everything about the machine is perfect. It helps in thoroughly cleaning of the carpet. The motor is also potent.
- The suction power of the machine is easily adjustable.
- There is an exhaust filter type which is HEPA and ensures even the minutest of dirt is removed.
- The dust capacity of the device is 1.4 dry quartz.
- Due to the 3-level height adjustment feature operating the device becomes hassle-free.
- It consists of Brushroll Clean Technology.
With the size of 17 x 11.5 x 13 inches, the vacuum cleaner from Electrolux weighs just 11.6 pounds. Therefore, easy to maneuver over the carpet. Other than this the Cyclonic action makes sure that every speck of dirt will be picked up expertly by the machine. The compact size and light weight make it easy to store as well when not in use.
- There is a motion control system in the machine for easing the cleaning process.
- It comes with versatile tools for a thorough cleaning.
- The presence of Easy-Empty Technology helps in emptying the debris efficiently.
- There is a 33-foot reach system which is one of its kind making it unique.
- The fingertip controls make it user-friendly.
- The brush attachment is a little stiff.
- Height adjusting feature is a bit cumbersome.
#5. Eureka FloorRover Versatile Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner NEU562A
Eureka is a reliable name among the manufacturers of vacuum cleaners. Every product coming from them is authentic is highly trustworthy. Incorporation of advanced technologies, ergonomic design and every essential feature make the product one of the best to splurge.
- It comprises swivel steering for easing the maneuverability.
- Big wheel technology helps to glide the machine effortlessly with no hassles.
- Suction remains up to date with the multi-stage cycle.
- HEPA filter makes sure that the place will become hygienically clean.
- It comes with many additional tools.
The machine weighs 16.7 pounds and has the dimensions of 12.5 x 12.5 x 45 inches. It indicates that although the device is a little heavy, secure wheel glide technology will overcome the issue. The handle is ergonomically designed for a greater grip. The best part is the HEPA filters are washable and gets cleaned easily which means you don’t have to spend extra money for changing the filters.
- It is equipped with a multi-stage cyclone system for enhanced cleaning.
- The presence of pet pro brush helps to remove the hairs of pets.
- There is advanced swivel steering that again contributes to easing the maneuverability.
- The dust cup is large and easy to empty as well.
- There is 2-in-1 upholstery tool as well.
- Suction becomes problematic sometimes.
- The cord could have been a little longer.
Buying Guide For a Shag Carpet Vacuum Cleaner
There are specific points to keep in mind while choosing a shag carpet vacuum cleaner. These are as follows:
Suction power: Vacuum cleaners with adjustable suction are best when you need to clean a shag carpet. Concentrated sealed suction also works excellently with shag carpet, and the fibers do not get damaged.
Venting system: To maintain a proper air flow it is essential that your vacuum cleaner has an appropriate system of venting. An extra vent somewhere in the device won’t let the vacuum head to get sucked down into the carpet. With deep pile work like in shag carpet, it is essential that suction remain unaffected to the fibers and you can maneuver easily.
HEPA filtration: Deep-pile shag carpet store dirt and dust within its fibers. When you start vacuuming, the speck of dirt release into the air without perfect filtration. If the vacuum cleaner is equipped with HEPA filter, these smaller particles don’t come into the surrounding air again.
Canister style: A detached canister contributes to easy maneuverability. Getting into the tight spaces and accessing hard to reach places become simple if your vacuum cleaner for shag carpet consists of a detached canister. However, storing them could be a little cumbersome.
Brush types: When your carpet is soft, considering roller brush will help you fetch the best result. Brush rollers which are gentle in cleaning and do not damage the thick carpet are essential. Other than this, it is vital that bristles are also highly useful to capture maximum dust.
Weight: A vacuum cleaner which is light in weight and ergonomic in design secures maximum points. Gripping must be good, maneuvering should be easy, and it must be highly convenient to use over the shag carpet.
Cleaning mechanism: Knowing how close is the cleaning mechanism of the vacuum cleaner is to the rough surface is essential. While too high cleaning mechanism will not be able to remove the deeply embedded dust, too low will degrade the fibers and quality of the carpet. It might start looking frayed in appearance.
Powerhead: When it comes to a shag carpet, vacuuming after detaching the power head becomes vital. It helps in retaining the shaggy appearance without compromising the cleanliness. Therefore, opt for the device in which detaching the power head is easy.
Adjustable height: If you don’t want to get extra strain on your back, get a machine whose height can be easily adjusted. It will help you in thorough cleaning with fewer efforts and lesser time.
Attachments: If you have placed your shag carpet under the furniture, it becomes crucial to get a vacuum cleaner coming with proper accessories. Sucking out the pet hairs, deeply embedded dirt and stubborn dust becomes easy if you have appropriate attachments.
Other then these few more features that require much heed are:
Some vacuum cleaners coming equipped with the feature of sonic vibrations help to remove dirt and dust in little time and efforts. They suck out the deeply embedded dirt from the inner pockets of shag carpets.
Apart from this, if the device comprises lights on the end of the nozzle, the cleaning process becomes more comfortable and convenient.
Cleaning Tips For Different Types of Shag Carpets
1. Silk rugs: Having a silk rug means having a luxury in your room. The smoothness, natural shimmer, and incredibly soft texture are unbeatable. If you are having a rug made of pure silk, you need to pay extra attention while it’s cleaning. These rugs have strong tensile strength.
Generally, people consider calling professional cleaners for cleaning a silk rug. However, if the stains are less serious, you can manage them at home. Ensure that you treat the stains and spots immediately for better results. There are many cleaners available in the marker meant especially for cleaning the silk rugs.
2. Wool Rugs: Wool rugs come in two different forms- noodle rugs and shaggy wool rug. The former one is highly luxurious and comprises soft texture, the chances of trapping dirt, dust, hairs, and crumbs are relatively high. The latter one with more closely placed wool fibers, knotted by hand is comparatively easy to clean.
It is not possible to clean both these kinds of wool rugs from any standard or regular vacuum cleaner; you ought to have a device which is meant primarily for the purpose. Also, equipping yourself with additional accessories is also essential.
3. Flokati Rugs: Flokati rugs are more common in Greece and are made up of 100% handcrafted wool. They have traditional importance in the country. Generally, you could find a Flokati rug in cream or white color, these days they are dyed and sell throughout the world. They are heavily shagged and have a dense texture. Therefore if they remain unattended for a long time, cleaning could become hard.
Regular brushing and vacuuming, followed by cleaning with softest wool cleaning soap or detergent in 10 days interval become necessary. Make sure you are not using chlorine bleach or else the quality of fibers may deteriorate. Later, air dry is perfect.
4. Leather Rug: Leather rugs are comparatively easier to clean than wool rugs. The leather cleaner also assists in making these rugs spotless. However, it is advised not to use a leather carpet in the places with high foot traffic. Vacuuming on a leather rug could damage it; therefore, spot vacuuming is recommended to perform.
5. Acrylic Rugs: Acrylic rugs, although look highly adorable, have cheaper appearance than wool. They are inflammable as well. Cleaning and drying an acrylic carpet is profoundly easy. You may use one deep cleaner or high-grade machine cleaning formula to make the rug as clean as possible. Air drying is preferred for them.
The best part about acrylic rugs is they are machine washable as well. Since acrylic is a man-made material, it could melt on the expose of heat. However, a little ironing can be done to remove the dents caused by furniture. Brushing also endows good results, and a hair dryer can also be used.
6. Synthetic rugs: Cleaning a synthetic rug is an extremely simple process. Made up of synthetic materials, you can clean it up with a steam cleaner as well. Generally, synthetic rugs do not last for longer duration. So, being a little lenient with its cleaning won’t do any harm.
Using cleaners meant for synthetic rug could help you making your carpet perfect for reuse. Air drying should be preferred for enhancing the life of the rug.
Shag carpets are very glorious. If you keep an eye on the dirt, dust, and stains and perform a regular cleaning, maintaining doesn’t become a matter of concern. Frequent vacuuming helps to keep the dust, pet hairs, and other allergens at bay. If you have opted to the right vacuum cleaner for your shag carpet, the fluffy and shaggy appearance won’t come to risk.
So, now that you have got detailed know-how about the shag carpets, different types of rugs and the best machine to clean them, it’s time to make your shag shaggy, clean and perfect to reuse. So, in which device you are investing?