5 Best Vacuum for Residential Cleaning Business In 2021 – Reviews & Complete Buying Guides
When we clean for a living, we need a tool that is up to the job, easy to move around and with a cord long enough so that you aren’t having to stop what you are doing every few minutes as you move from room to room. If you are new to residential cleaning or you are just in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and aren’t sure where to start, don’t worry we’re here to help. Not only we are going to review the 5 best vacuum cleaners for residential cleaning businesses, we’ve also put together a complete buying guide to make sure you get the best vacuum for the job at hand.
Table of Contents
- Quick Compare of Top Vacuum for Residential Cleaning Business
- Best Vacuum for Residential Cleaning Business Reviews
- 1. ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filtration and Residential Cleaning Service Kit
- 2. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super QuarterVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filtration
- 4. Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum
- Considerations To Make Before You Buy
- Final Thoughts
Quick Compare of Top Vacuum for Residential Cleaning Business
Cord Length (ft)
ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filtration and Residential Cleaning Service
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super QuarterVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum
Best Vacuum for Residential Cleaning Business Reviews
1. ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Filtration and Residential Cleaning Service Kit
If you are looking for a vacuum that you don’t have to drag around, the ProTeam may be the option for you. If you are working in a location that has staircases that are seemingly endless, moving a traditional canister up and down them can be problematic, especially if you have mobility issues. They are also heavy and cumbersome, so a backpack canister may be able to help. The overall design is lightweight, so you won’t have any problems getting it on and off, it is comfortable, even after long use and the utility belt that holds the additional heads is a flawless design, you’ll be able to continually clean with very little stoppage time.
You will also find that your arms and wrists don’t suffer as much as they did if you were cleaning with a traditional vacuum for long periods of time.
You would be forgiven to think that because of the smaller size of the vacuum, the power output would be limited, and the suction wouldn’t be as good as comparable residential cleaning vacuums. This isn’t the case at all, the ProTeam offers you an awesome deep clean and will pick up hair, dust and debris off a variety of surface. The vacuum head doesn’t automatically set to the surface that you are on, but as the canister is on your back, it is very easy to change it quickly. As you are also only carrying around the vacuum pipe in your hands, you will also find changing the different heads far easier. This also gives you more options than traditional canister vacuums as with the ProTeam you are able to get to those difficult to reach places, which may not have been an option before.
One of the features that we really like about the ProTeam is the HEPA filter that it comes with as standard. HEPA filters are exceptional at improving indoor air quality by catching even the smallest of particles that can result in allergens. The only real draw back to this vacuum is that you can actually forget you are wearing it and find yourself getting stuck because you’ve walked to far and reached the end of the cord. Some people may find it difficult to bend down and unplug the cord to re plug it further round, but we recommend taking the backpack off if this is the case, but some users may find this hinders them too much, especially if they have a large area that needs to be cleaned quickly.
- HEPA air filtration system that picks up dust and allergens for increased air quality
- Backpack style canister increases your range of movement and limits strain on your wrists and arms
- Lightweight backpack but there is no loss of suction power
- Additional utilities make sure that you can get to all the difficult to reach areas that you would struggle to with a standard canister vacuum
- Comfortable harness that is easy to get off and on and even easier to adjust for all shapes and sizes.
- Some people may find that they struggle to bend down and unplug the cord with the canister on their back, so they would need to take it off. Some users may not like the additional time that this will take.
- The telescopic wands and additional utilise may not always hold on the hose if you don’t attach it well, so always check this before you start vacuuming.
2. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Oreck commercial is an excellent option for people who have to clean a large area, the brush set up is a double helix, which makes it effective across a variety of surfaces. It is especially effective at pulling up embedded dirt that has been trodden into thick carpets. The 12inch cleaning path makes sure that you limit the number of trips needed and there doesn’t seem to be any points in this huge footprint that loose suction, making it a highly effective vacuum cleaner.
The skeleton design means you can essentially flat pack this vacuum into your car or van and move it on to the next job. The set up means that there isn’t a large canister that you have to consider when you are packing it, it also means that the vacuum is far lighter than traditional alternatives. The bags that come with this Oreck are also far larger than any home vacuum, meaning there is less time spent emptying it and you can get back to cleaning without worrying that there will be a blockage or loss of suction.
The Oreck works exceptionally well across all surfaces, so you won’t need to worry about changing out equipment for each different surface. One of the features that we really liked was the automatic adjustment of the head depending on the surface you are working on. Some vacuums struggle with this, so it was nice to have a vacuum that does this effectively and quickly, so you don’t waste any time. The handle is also ergonomically designed and the height of the vacuum is good, even for taller people, you won’t feel sore and achy after using it for extended periods of time.
- Skeleton design gives you a light weight, portable vacuum that can lay flat
- Large bags mean less emptying
- Ergonomic design considerations so you won’t feel it in your hands and arms, even after a long day
- Double helix brush system picks up even the most ground in, embedded dirt
- Automatic head adjustment for all surface types
- Due to the suction power, thin rugs may be difficult to vacuum as they can be sucked up
- As there are no additional attachments or additional spot cleaning, you may struggle cleaning stairs.
3. ProTeam Backpack Vacuums, Super QuarterVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum Cleaner with HEPA Media Filtration
If you need a versatile vacuum that can fit in all types of spaces and work effectively, the ProTeam backpack can give you this level of versatility. Unlike uprights and commercial canister vacuums, the ProTeam simply fits on your back like a backpack and then leaves your hands free to use the telescopic head. This means that there is no heavy overhead lifting and makes it far easier to use up the stairs, where other commercial vacuums can let you down. Even better is the tool kit that comes with it, so you are able to do spot cleaning in those hard to reach places.
The ProTeam may put some people off as it is back mounted, but don’t let that deter you. It is very light, and the harness can be easily adjusted to make sure that you get the perfect fit. The harness is well designed and well-padded to make sure there aren’t any pressure points that could cause discomfort and pain. When you wear it properly and get all the fittings correct, it actually has a narrow profile, so you won’t struggle getting in and out of doors sideways.
The ProTeam has a technically excellent filtration and suction system, which is especially important when you need to ensure you pick up as many allergens as you can. Not only does it excel at picking up dirt and debris, it will even go as far as picking up pollen, mites and other allergens that may cause an issue. The head of the vacuum has a good path width so it limits the number of journeys up and down you will need to make but where it really stands out is stairs. The ProTeam is amazing ergonomically and practically for use on stairs. You don’t have to try and move a canister vacuum up and down, just simply walk up like normal and hoover as you go.
- Strong suction and filtration system give you a commercial standard of cleaning
- Easy to get up and down the stairs without fear of dropping it
- Well-made and designed harness that feels light weight and comfortable
- Utility belt so that additional tools are never far from reach
- Good dirt and debris capacity
- Doesn’t offer the same brush systems as other vacuums so isn’t as effective at picking up ground in dirt
- Some people may struggle bending down and unplugging it with the backpack on, so time is needed to get it on and off if you need to move power points.
4. Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Shake Out Bag Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Sanitaire is one of the most powerful vacuums available on the market, boasting a 5-amp cleaning motor that will make light work of most, if not all surfaces. This gives you amazing suction, so you won’t be missing any dirt, debris or anything else that is stuck for that matter, it really is exceptionally powerful. Just because it is really powerful though, doesn’t mean that it is weighty. The design is the same as the Oreck’s, so it is a skeleton unit that can be easily lifted, carried and put in your vehicle after the job is done.
You don’t need to worry about buying new bags all the time with this vacuum. They are designed so that you can empty them straight into a bin and then reuse them. Not only is this better for the environment, it is also better for your pockets, as you will use less than other market alternatives. The bags are easy to fit and clean, so the only thing you will need to do is walk back to the bin to empty is and then start again.
The cleaning path of the Sanitaire is very wide and the brush system means that you won’t need to go over the same area twice. The only real draw back to this system is that it will be too wide and too large for most staircases. There are also no additional tools or hoses that would enable you to do spot cleaning.
- Powerful motor makes light work of most jobs
- Wide cleaning path and good brush configuration
- No need to constantly replace bags as you are able to empty them out
- Skeleton design gives you a lightweight vacuum that’s easy to move from place to place
- Easy operation and use
- Due to the width of the cleaning path you will struggle to use this on stairs
- No additional pipes or accessories to enable spot cleaning
5. Oreck Commercial U2000RB-1 Commercial 8 Pound Upright Vacuum
Traditional upright vacuum cleaners aren’t always the best option for residential cleaners due to the amount of space they take up and the limit capacity they have for dust and debris. Oreck have designed their vacuum to make sure that neither of these factors hinder you, their design is simple yet effective. It almost looks like a skeleton of a vacuum when it doesn’t have its bag attached, but it is this feature that makes it so good. Because there is no canister and just a bag that attaches to the spine, it makes sure that you can fit it into your cleaning van.
The bags also give you far more volume than the comparable canister vacuum. Furthermore, due to the spine design, the vacuum is light weight and easy to move around from job to job.
The Oreck has excellent suction and it particularly effective on hard wood and tile floorings. It will pick up even the most embedded dirt between floorboards and grout to give you a spotless finish. The automatic adjustment means you don’t need to waste any time stopping and adjusting the head each time you move to a different surface. The suction is exceptional, and it will pick up the most embedded dirt in thick pile carpets. The only struggle you may have is with rugs. If they aren’t fixed down properly, the Oreck may suck it up, so you will need to be careful when you use it.
There have been a lot of brilliant design considerations in the Oreck, one of which is the placement of the on and off switch. If you struggle with dexterity or mobility, having switches lower down the vacuum can result in them being difficult to turn on and off. The manner in which the Oreck has been designed makes sure that you are always able to reach the buttons. They also don’t need a lot of force to use, so you the chances of you hurting your hands or not being able to turn it on at all are pretty slim.
- Skeleton design gives you a lightweight vacuum that can easily be moved from place to place
- Lack of canister and use of bags gives you a vacuum that requires less emptying than traditional household vacuums
- Automatic adjustment saves time when you move from surface to surface
- Great suction that will work across almost all surfaces and pull out even the most embedded in dirt
- Easy operation and use, even if you have dexterity issues in your hands
- This particular vacuum can struggle on thin rugs due to the suction power
- There are no additional accessories for spot cleaning or tight spots
Considerations To Make Before You Buy
If you are new to residential cleaning, you might be tempted to just buy the most powerful vacuum available to you and hope that it matches your needs. This isn’t the way to do it, given that each vacuum will perform best in particular circumstances. There are a few things to consider before you settle on a purchase, but don’t worry we’re here to help.
Think About Where You Are Going To Be Cleaning
This is the first thing you need to think about before you make the purchase. Are you going to be working in offices or in peoples homes? If you end up working in a commercial office, you may find that the floor plan is sprawling and you want to make sure that you don’t ache at the end of your shift. Or you may be working in small homes where you don’t need a large vacuum as you will miss spots. If you are working in a large office space, you will find that a ProTeam might be the best option for you, it can get in between desks and be able to do the stairs. However, if you tried to use this in a small house you may well struggle moving through doors with it on your back. Consider your environment before you make the purchase as this can save a lot of heart ache later on!
Think About Your Mobility
If you have a bad back or shoulders, you don’t want to be carrying around a backpack vacuum that you have to strap to your back. Whilst it may not be the fact that it is on your back that is the issue, it may well be getting it on and off on your own. It will obviously increase in weight the more you use it and you don’t want to injure yourself and prevent yourself from working. Look for a lightweight vacuum such as the Oreck that can be easily carried around and lay flat in your car or van. The skeleton design makes sure that there is limited weight so it can be easily moved from room to room. They also have more ergonomic considerations than other vacuums in this category. So, if you have dexterity issues in your hands, the way the buttons have been designed make sure that you will always be able to turn it on and off.
There is nothing worse than not having a long enough cord when you are cleaning. The time wasted when you are having to un-plug and re-plug could be better spent getting the job done. Most of these vacuums reviewed come with good length cords but look for ones with universal fittings to make sure that you can get the best length possible. This way you can be sure that you won’t be having to stop every 50 feet to unplug!
When we are starting up a cleaning business or we are in desperate need of a new vacuum so we can carry on working, it is easy to run head long into the first one that we see. Before you do that, have a look at the 5 best residential vacuums we have found and then consider how you are going to use it. If you have a variety of jobs and don’t mind the idea of backpack vacuum, this could be excellent as it provides you with a level of versatility that you may not have encountered before. Likewise, you may want a cleaner with a wide path as it suits the type of work that you are doing at the moment and want to be able to lay it down in your van. Either way, make sure you have made some key considerations before you settle on one product and your life will be infinitely easier when it comes to using it.