Best Robot Vacuum For High Pile Carpet In 2020 | Pet Vacuum Lab
The latest fad in modern household cleaning technology is the robot vacuum cleaner. The device allows its owner the satisfaction of never having to physically clean their floors again. This technological leap gives you more time to spend on the things you love, whilst assuring you that your carpets are clean from any debris. As when purchasing any new household cleaning item, the fear of the unknown can be overwhelming.
This review aims to identify the five best robot vacuums for high pile carpet, offering reviews and insights into each product to help you choose the best one for you and your home.
Table of Contents
- Quick Compare of Our Top Picks
- What is a high pile carpet?
- Are robot vacuum cleaners good for high pile carpets?
- The 5 Best Robot Vacuum For High Pile Carpet Reviews
Quick Compare of Our Top Picks
eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
GOOVI 1600PA Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Coredy Self-Charging Robot Vacuum for High Pile to Medium Pile Carpets
Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Coredy R650 Robotic Vacuum
What is a high pile carpet?
When discussing your carpet pile it is important to understand what is meant by pile. A pile simply refers to the loops of fabric that make up your carpet or rug, these determine whether your carpet is soft or dense your carpet is.
A high pile carpet refers to a carpet that uses taller and looser fibres. High fibre carpets or rugs usually have a softer, shaggier look and feel to them. These are more desired in houses that aim to bring a cosy look to them. A shag carpet is a great example of a high pile carpet and is commonly chosen by many homeowners because of its comfortable feel.
Are robot vacuum cleaners good for high pile carpets?
Stereotypically high pile carpets require a lot more effort to clean when compared to low pile carpets. Robot vacuum cleaners are widely associated with a less powerful suction, making them unadvised to owners of high pile carpets. Nevertheless, in recent times with the technological advances that have been made by these robot vacuum cleaners are much more powerful now.
I would agree with some reader’s possible sceptical outlook on these robot vacuum cleaners and their impact on high pile carpets in the past. They were not designed for the bigger looped fibres and would not clean them as well as a physical hoover with more power. In recent years these robot vacuum cleaners have been designed to provide their users with the same power as a physical hoover, but with minimal effort. The defining factors of a good robot vacuum for high pile carpets are their power, stamina and suction.
The 5 Best Robot Vacuum For High Pile Carpet Reviews
1. eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S (Slim)
Eufy have designed a robot vacuum with a high-powered suction that can rival any physical vacuum. Through the incorporation of 1300Pa of suction, it is assured that a high pile rug would be left thoroughly clean after it has been used. With this brilliant suction power one would assume that it generates a lot of noise, but this is not the case. It prides its self of emitting less sound than an average microwave when in operation, making it practically unnoticeable.
The vacuum has been highly rated by reviewers and has ranked in the best robot vacuums of 2019. It is one of the slimmest robot vacuums on the market at only 2.85 inches, making it easy to glide around your home and under furniture.
This robot vacuum operates with BootIQ technology, meaning that it will automatically increase its suction as and when it is needed. This is especially useful when tackling high pile carpets. This along with its 100 minutes of running time in between charging makes it a great purchase for a home with a large surface area to clean.The product comes with a triple filtration system, helping to really clean where the eyes cannot see. The dual lay filter and its one high performance filter ensures that your home is left spick and span. This along with its ability to navigate around and back to its charging point before the battery runs out automatically really boosts its appeal to the wider audience.
- The product has a 100-minute run time.
- It operates at a 1300Pa rate of suction.
- The product allows for non-stop cleaning and can navigate back to its charging point with ease.
- It has a triple filter system to allow for a cleaner finish on your carpets.
- It is slim and operates very quietly.
- It does not steer clear of objects as well as it could.
- Some reviews depict an issue with the product collecting all pet hairs in their homes.
2. GOOVI 1600PA Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The Goovi robotic vacuum cleaner is another perfect example of research and design efforts gone to plan. The vacuum boasts a massive 1600Pa of suction power, allowing users to ensure that all remnants of last night’s snacks or any dust is easily collected. The carpet works well on both hardwood and carpeted flooring, adhering to the needs of a user with high pile carpets.
The ease of use with this product is an important factor; it can be operated via a remote, or through its many auto clean settings. It has been designed with an intelligent protection sensor to ensure it doesn’t drop down any stairs or bump into items in your home.
The product has been created at a size of 2.83-inches; this smaller profile allows it to get into those hard to reach areas in your home. This freedom of movement is made easy due to its large two front wheels;these allow the vacuum to glide through your home and over many surfaces with ease.It has a high battery capacity of 120 minutes; this is great for larger houses or to use in multiple rooms in one charge. If you’re house requires more focus than this, do not panic, the device can navigate itself back to its charging doc and will automatically recharge. Then it can direct itself to where it left off and finish the job until your carpets are completely clean.
- It has a very high suction power of 1600Pa, which is perfect for high pile carpets.
- The battery life of this device is longer than average at 120 minutes.
- It can navigate well due to its built in intelligent navigation system and two front wheels.
- The product is very easy to use and can be operated either by remote or automatically.
- The vacuum will recharge itself automatically and continue cleaning when it has fully recharged.
- Some of the predetermined cleaning features do not work according to some customer reviews.
- This product does not navigate well around houses with a lot of items on the floor which it cannot go under.
3. Coredy Self-Charging Robot Vacuum for High Pile to Medium-Pile Carpets
With an even stronger suction power than the last two robot vacuums, the Coredy cleaner is great for homes that require a thorough clean. This product operates with a 1700Pa suction ability, this is great for homes with pets or floors that experience a lot of traffic. The device comes with dual-edge brushes and a rolling brush that eradicates dirt.
The product has been designed with anti-drop and anti-collision software, meaning that is can move through your home without causing any issues. It has also been designed with anti-scratch glass and a bumper to ensure that no damage to your furniture will be experienced whilst it is in use. This also provides extra protection for the product, meaning it will potentially last longer than other models without this.
Coredy have designed this product to ensure that all your cleaning needs are met. It has many different cleaning modes to choose from automatic, spot, max vacuuming and edge cleaning. It can also be operated by a remote to allow for ease of use and re-direction if necessary.
The device is fashioned with a high battery capacity; it will run for 120 minutes with a full charge. This is long enough to ensure that up to 120 square meters of your home can experience a deep clean in one charge. It will also navigate back to its charging point to ensure it can continue any cleaning once it is fully charged again.
- It operates with a 1700Pa worth of suction power.
- There are multiple cleaning modes to choose from.
- It can be operated by a remote control for ease of use.
- The battery of this device works for 120 minutes without interruption.
- It has anti-drop and anti-collision technology embedded in the product for ease of use.
- The battery run time is actually much less than 120 minutes when it is actually being used.
- Reviewers have indicated that this model may be more suitable for smaller homes.
4. Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
The Roborock E4 has been re-designed to give its users a newer, fresher outlook on robot vacuums and their capabilities. It has been designed to use a logical pattern to navigate around your floor. This is great to reach difficult spots or those areas that experience a lot of traffic in your home. This does not affect the overall speed of the device, in fact this has been increased by 10% from its previous design.
The vacuum operates with 2000Pa of suction, this give it the power to remove debris that is lodged into carpets with ease. The suction power works effortlessly on both carpet and hard flooring and the device can navigate between surfaces well. The product can also be used as a mop too, with great cleaning capabilities and various modes to support this usage.
This model offers its customers up to 200 minutes of cleaning in one full charge. This means that more of your house can be covered quickly. This along side its large built-in dustbin allows the user to experience a cleaning power with little distraction or input needed from them.
The Roborock comes with both app and voice controls fully imbedded into it. This means the user can connect the device to their mobile or smart home device, such as Alexa or Google Home to navigate it around their house. Schedules can be set via voice control or target areas tackled with minimal effort from the user.
- It operates with 2000Pa suction power.
- The device has the battery capacity to allow it to last for up to 200 minutes.
- It can be used via a mobile phone or smart home device.
- The product offers a speedy, but thorough finish.
- The product has a large built-in dust collector to allow for a longer period of use.
- Reviews describe an initial problem with the device connecting to their Wi-Fi.
- Some users do not like the way the app is set up and have had issues setting up a clear cleaning schedule.
5. Coredy R650 Robotic Vacuum
This Coredy vacuum cleaner offers its users a strong 1600Pa worth of suction power with every use. The device can instantly tell when a new surface is being cleaned and will automatically adjust its suction power to adhere with its needs.
It has a run time of 120 minutes, offering users a long lasting clean once it has been fully charged. Its easy access dustbin, at 500ml, only enhances the cleaning capability of this product such a large dust collecting capability allows for a longer clean time without emptying. This is perfectly matched by its washable filter that helps to remove smaller household dust and allergens with ease.
The vacuum comes fully equipped with a silenced motor making vacuuming at any time of the day feasible. The product has an infra-read sensor and anti-drop technology to ensure there is no damage to your home.This product includes magnetic boundary strips to help the user form dedicated vacuuming zones. This means that that area will receive the cleaning it needs with minimal effort from the user. This also allows for you to focus your devices cleaning space, eliminating any possible damage or ensuring it does not travel into areas that you wish to be left untouched.
- This device operates for up to 120 minutes with a full charge.
- The product features a large 500ml dustbin.
- It comes with magnetic strips to better plan your cleaning routine.
- It has a quiet motor making hoover almost silent.
- The filter system is completely washable.
- The product does not always make it back to its charging point with enough time before it runs out.
- Reviewers have said that the magnetic strips sometimes do not contain the product well.
From the reviews above you can tell that robot vacuum cleaner are compatible with high pile carpets. The trick is in researching and learning which brands are best for carpets before purchasing one. It is also important to ensure that you choose a brand that has a good suction capability; this ultimately helps decide its compatibility with high pile carpets.
Before purchasing any robot vacuum cleaner ensure that its features match the needs of you and your household. For the more technologically savvy customer the inclusion of an app or voice activated controls may be the right product for you. For those users looking to leave the product to roam a larger home, ensure you choose a device with a long battery life. If this review has taught us anything it has to be that the previous misconception of robot vacuums, and their ability to clean high pile carpets, are a thing of the past and could be a very useful investment in your home.