The 7 Best Carpet Tape for Hardwood Floors In 2020
Carpet tape is a double sided, adhesive tape that secures carpets, rugs and laminate flooring to most surfaces in the home. As carpet tape is very durable it has become a permanent solution to fixing said items on to hardwood floors, however there are some products for items such as rugs that are considered semi-permanent. These allow the user to swap and change the location of a rug around their house with ease; this is a convenient solution for users that like to redecorate their houses regularly.
There are many different carpet tape options to choose from, especially when purchasing side tape for hardwood floors. It is important that the customer is fully aware of what they hope to get from the product before purchasing any product, so they can find the right fit for their specific needs.
The same can be said for carpet tape engineered to work well on wooden flooring. One should have a wide understanding of the various products on the market before deciding on which one to purchase. Below are seven reviews of the best carpet tape for wooden floor to help decide which product is best for you, your home and your needs.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 7 Carpet Tape - Comparison Table
- Best Carpet Tape for Hardwood Floors Reviews
- 1. XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape For Area Rugs
- 2. YYXLIFE Double Sided Carpet Tape
- 3. Sugarman Creations Strongest Double Sided Carpet Tape
- 4. EdenProducts Double Sided Sticky Carpet Tape
- 5. Melca Double Sided Rug Tape - Hardwood Floors, Carpet, Area Rugs
- 6. Qtar Removable Double Sided Carpet Tape
- 7. ATack Carpet Tape
- Considerations to make prior to purchase
- What else can carpet tape be used for?
Our Top 7 Carpet Tape - Comparison Table
XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape For Area Rugs
2 Inches x 30 Yards
YYXLIFE Double Sided Carpet Tape
2 Inch X 10 Yards
Sugarman Creations Strongest Double Sided Carpet Tape
2 inches X 40 yards
EdenProducts Double Sided Sticky Carpet Tape
2" x 10 Yards
Melca Double Sided Rug Tape - Hardwood Floors, Carpet, Area Rugs
Qtar Removable Double Sided Carpet Tape
2 Inch X 30 Yards
ATack Carpet Tape for Area Rugs and Carpets
2 Inches x 20 Yards
Best Carpet Tape for Hardwood Floors Reviews
1. XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape For Area Rugs
The XFasten double-sided carpet tape is a perfect option for customers looking to fix down both small and large rugs. This tape helps to reduce the likeliness of ones rugs or carpets to curl at the edges, slip when walking on them or move at all. This feature allows for extra safety in the home, protecting everyone from potential slip or fall hazards.
The brand Apipema have created this product and are considered major innovators in adhesion technology. The brand merit themselves on their diversified offerings, this product can work on all flooring including, wood, tiles, vinyl and carpet. It helped to solidify my choice when purchasing it.
XFasten offers customer’s six different types of carpet tape, each of which adhering to the individual needs of the customer. They come in both a white or clear colour and they offer a range of stickiness and length to best match the needs of the material one is aiming to fix to their wooden flooring.
- Easy to use and apply to surfaces.
- Leaves no unwanted residue.
- This can be used on every type of hardwood floor as it is specifically made for hardwood flooring.
- The tape leaves no marks or scratches.
- The tape is very long and lasts a long time.
- It is only available to purchase online.
- The tape is considered quite thin and so prone to wrinkle when applying.
2. YYXLIFE Double Sided Carpet Tape
Dubbed the most reliable carpet tape on the market, the YYXLIFE double-sided carpet tape is a hard product to beat. It comes in four different variations to better adhere to the users needs, although it is specifically targeted to carpets rather than hardwood flooring
It is considered more of a heavy-duty double-sided tape, as it is very strong it is definitely durable and can be used in any environment and has gone through many quality assurance tests to prove this.
The main attraction to this product is its lifetime guarantee; this means that if at any point when using the tape you are not happy a full refund can be claimed. Not only does this reinforce its worthiness but gives customer’s peace of mind when purchasing the product. It is easy to use, apply and is residue free making it a great choice for applying to any surface, including hardwood flooring.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- It is extremely strong.
- The tape has gone through extensive quality control measures.
- The tape is durable and thick.
- They have a support team to answer any customer queries.
- It is hard to move after application, as it is a permanent fix.
- When applying this tape requires a lot of effort as it is so thick.
3. Sugarman Creations Strongest Double Sided Carpet Tape
Considered a professional or industrial tape, the sugarman creations is a brilliant option when fixing carpets to wooden flooring. The tape is perfect for both smooth and rough surfaces, making it versatile and durable.
The tape comes with a laminated paperback, making it easy to peel off and fix it to any flooring and hardware appliances, which is another major feature of the tape. Its ability to be used on hardware appliances is an added bonus, making it more useful and increasing the possibilities of usage.
Whilst this tape was created for the use of professionals, it is not hard to understand how to apply or install it and use it in everyday life by all. It is very durable and can be used in all environments, even wet ones such as bathrooms, saunas or pools. This also hints at the tapes permanent status as opposed to other moveable double-sided tapes.
- It works on all surfaces.
- Easy to install and use.
- Can be used on various items, not just fixing carpets.
- It can be used in very wet environments, such as pools and saunas.
- It is durable and permanent.
- The tape is a permanent solution so it is hard to readjust afterwards is difficult.
- It has been known to bunch up after applying.
4. EdenProducts Double Sided Sticky Carpet Tape
The EdenProducts double-sided sticky carpet tape markets themselves on aiding on prevent unwanted accidents. The tapes primary use is to fix down any sliding rugs, to tape down the edges of corners of rugs and to generally make your house safer.
Alongside this, it can be used in all areas of ones house and on most surfaces, this product can be used to fix carpets to hanging pictures or posters on walls. It is very durable but can be easily adjusted, removed and re-installed making it at great for less permanent fixtures.
The tape is very easy to install and cut down to size, making it a more viable option to those less used to partaking in DIY housework. It leaves no residue but holds down most items on many surfaces.
- This works on a myriad of surfaces.
- It can be used on various items, not just flooring.
- This tape allows for the item to be moved after application.
- It is easy to install and cut to size.
- The tape is built for safety.
- It is a semi-permanent fix and so more likely to move.
- It is not primarily used on wooden flooring making it less tailored to it.
5. Melca Double Sided Rug Tape - Hardwood Floors, Carpet, Area Rugs
Melca have created a double-sided tape with a wider than average span making it ideal for securing larger rugs to wooden flooring. As the tape is 2.5 inches it makes it much easier to map out the area you wish to use and ensures that corners are safely fixed to the flooring.
It works on many different items, so it is not solely restricted to flooring and securing rugs or carpets making it versatile. However, this product is restricted to areas without any moisture for best results.
The tape is extremely adhesive, thus fulfilling its purpose but is not to be used on items that you wish to move after fitting. This is a permanent solution and that should be considered prior to installation onto wooden flooring.
- The size of the tape is large in width.
- The tape stops the skidding and curing of rugs.
- The installation is easy.
- It can be used on many dry surfaces, including concrete.
- It is 30 yards in length.
- It is very adhesive and sticky.
- This is a permanent solution.
6. Qtar Removable Double Sided Carpet Tape
Qtar’s removable double-sided carpet tape is ideal for customers that like to renovate their homes, or those of which who like to move their current furniture around. As this tape is designed for change, it adheres to a customer that too likes to switch their furnishings up a little bit.
The tape is perfect for securing rugs and mats on to hardwood flooring and has been commended for doing so. Also this product does not leave any residue or marks on hardwood flooring whilst still being very durable and strong.
The products main aim is to ensure that rugs and mats are secured to ensure additional safety in the home, alongside ease of use and results. It is a great product for hardwood flooring.
- It is removable.
- It does not leave marks or stains on hardwood flooring.
- The tape is strong and durable.
- The product is easy to install.
- It allows for multi-use and for customers to change their mind and adjust the setting of their carpets, rugs or mats.
- As it is removable tape, it is a semi-permanent solution.
- It doesn’t come with clear instructions, although it is easy to apply.
7. ATack Carpet Tape
ATack is a super adhesive tape made with delicate hardwood floors in mind. As this tape has a patented silicone adhesive, it allows the tape to work on all surfaces whilst remaining both residue free and keeping your floors surfaces safe. This is especially important when considering hardwood flooring as some tapes can lift off the woods finish or damage the floor.
The tape is two inches in thickness and twenty yards in length; it comes in a white colour to best fix onto rugs, carpets or runners used in hallways or on stairs. The main aim of the product is to ensure safety within ones home, ensuring that those items, such as rugs and carpets, which could cause such an issue, are made safe for all.
ATack is a safe alternative, which can be used across your house and on all types of flooring. It is important to remember that this is a permanent solution to stubborn carpets or sliding rugs before applying and installing it.
- Made with a special silicone adhesive to help reduce staining.
- Designed for delicate hardwood flooring.
- It has been designed with the family and pets in mind.
- It is quick to install.
- It works on a variety of surfaces and items.
- The tape itself is quite thin.
- It is designed to be a permanent solution, so is hard to remove.
Considerations to make prior to purchase
It is important to remember that every surface has different needs, especially that of hardwood floorings surface. Customers hoping to secure anything to a hardwood floor must be sure that they have read up on the product and know that it will not damage their wooden floors after installing it.
Some tapes are simply not made for wooden flooring and can really cause both yourself and your flooring or rugs to go through a lot of problems. With hardwood flooring it can be extremely delicate, this means that more care is necessary when tampering with it. If one was to purchase an industrial strength tape, which is not designed to be used on a wooden floor as this could uplift the wooden overly and ruin the rug attached and be both time consuming and costly to fix.
The correct kind of tape is on the market for everyone’s individual needs, especially wooden floor owners, but it is important to consider which tapes are right for your home and will cause the minimal amount of damage to it.
What else can carpet tape be used for?
As hinted in some of the previous reviews, carpet tape is a great alternative for various products to keep them stable and supported. It is versatile, durable and a perfect solution when trying to fix items into awkward places.
This product has been used both professionally and in many DIY situations, from securing traffic cones on concrete to putting up posters onto walls. Its usage is dependant on the tapes capabilities. Some tapes can be used in wet settings, making them perfect for signage in saunas or swimming pools. Others are tailored specifically to carpets or surfaces with more velocity thus considered harder to stick to.
Carpet tape is an easy to use and install alternative to other similar products, such as regular double-sided tape, glue or blue tack, when considering crafts based items. It is a brilliant way to bond together two fabrics and works perfectly in unifying carpets and rugs. There are huge possibilities for the usage of carpet tape, due to its strength and ease of use, one just has to be imaginative.