The 7 Best Anchor Grip Rug Pads For Vinyl Flooring Reviews & A Complete Buyer’s Guide
Vinyl flooring is an extremely attractive alternative to more expensive hardwood or tile flooring offerings; this is because of its versatility, price points and ease of installation. Vinyl flooring is a much softer alternative to that of hardwood or tile flooring, it can absorb sound and can provide installation for your home with ease as it holds onto heat and can feel warmer to the touch. Another great feature of vinyl is that it is waterproof, making it very easy to clean, hard to cause any damage to and after installation it requires little upkeep from its owners.
Nevertheless, as it is a softer material when compared to alternative substances, sharp objects or furniture can cause scratches or small scrapes on the vinyl, leaving it to move or form bubbles if it is tampered with. Therefore, most owner’s furniture pads or anchor grips are very important, one could deem them a necessity, when installing vinyl flooring.
There are many of these products on the market, but how does anyone know which of them rank the best or will suit their individual needs the best? This review aims to identify the top seven anchor grip rug pads for vinyl flooring and will provide a complete buyer guide for owners of all vinyl flooring. This will help you tend to your flooring and find the correct products to match all your floorings needs.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of our Favorites Anchor Grip Rug Pads in 2020
- 7 Best Anchor Grip Rug Pads For Vinyl Flooring Reviews
- 1. RUGPADUSA Anchor Grip, 5' Round, 1/8" Thick
- 2. Mohawk Home Dual Surface Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad
- 3. Veken Non-Slip 5 x 8 Ft Extra Thick Gripper for Any Hard Surface Floors
- 4. Aurrako Non Slip Rug Pads for Hardwood Floors, 6x9 Anti Slip Rug Grippers for Vinyl Tile Floors
- 5. RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Nine by twelve
- 6. RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Five by Eight Inches
- 7. RUGPADUSA – Basics
- Things to consider before purchasing these products
- What is the best rug mat to purchase for a vinyl floor?
Comparison of our Favorites Anchor Grip Rug Pads in 2020
RUGPADUSA Anchor Grip, 5' Round, 1/8" Thick
Mohawk Home Dual Surface Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad
Veken Non-Slip 5 x 8 Ft Extra Thick Gripper for Any Hard Surface Floors
Aurrako Non Slip Rug Pads for Hardwood Floors, 6x9 Anti Slip Rug Grippers for Vinyl Tile Floors
RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Nine by twelve
RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Five by Eight Inches
RUGPADUSA – Basics
7 Best Anchor Grip Rug Pads For Vinyl Flooring Reviews
1. RUGPADUSA Anchor Grip, 5' Round, 1/8" Thick
The brand RUGPADUSA offers its customers a one hundred per cent felt rubber anchor grip, to best secure your vinyl flooring. The brand offers users three different variations of thickness, that being one-quarter of an inch, one eighth of an inch and three eights of an inch. This product is primarily used to secure rugs onto laminate flooring, this is done by using a diagonal waffle consistency to help to keep rugs secure and stop the possibility of them slipping, due to this extra grip.
The pads are coated with rubber to ensure the products durability; the anchor grips are made using recycled felt and rubber, with no added PVC. When applying this anchor grip, it is important that the flooring you wish to install it on is clean and dry, this will allow for best results and a pre-longed usage period with no movement.
- This product used recycled materials.
- They offer a myriad of sizes to fit the needs of the customer.
- It offers your floors additional protection due to the additional felt used to create the product.
- The rubber base allows for a natural grip with no chemically added substances to ensure that it sticks, or which can ruin flooring.
- Due to the additional felt content in the product it offers customers a constantly springing and comfy rug.
- This product is targeted at laminate flooring, not specifically vinyl.
- There could be more of a rubber bottom to the anchor pad to ensure security after installation.
2. Mohawk Home Dual Surface Felt and Latex Non Slip Rug Pad
The Mohawk home dual surface felt and latex rug pad is a verified, non-slip rug matt, which is safe for all hardwood floors. This product allows for your floors to be kept in tack whilst securing rugs down to stop any trips or falls. The Mohawk tape is a quarter of an inch in thickness, highlighting its sturdiness and its ability to not only secure your rugs but add some cushioning to them too.
This product specialize in both comfort and ease, meaning that whilst it allows for an added padded feel to walk across with minimal effort. It’s easy to fit bonus means that simply by cutting the pad down to your preferred size it can get to work instantly, removing the risk of your rug curling or moving making it a much safer in the home. This rug pad reduces noise due added thickness and increases your rugs lifespan. Upon installation the rug pad helps to preserve your rug and protects your flooring by doing so.
- Protects your flooring.
- Preserves your rug.
- It is easy to install.
- It can help to soundproof your house (which is ideal for users living in flats or flat shares)
- Promotes safety in your home.
- This product is not solely supplied for vinyl flooring, but hardwood floors.
- Former customers deem the chemicals used to create the products formula quite pungent.
3. Veken Non-Slip 5 x 8 Ft Extra Thick Gripper for Any Hard Surface Floors
Veken have produced a non-slip five by eight foot thick gripper pad, which can be used on any hard surface flooring. The gripper is extremely durable as it is made from premium material, which in turn allows the product to be long lasting as well as strong. The product has a two year warranty alongside a lifetime long customer support system, this way if customers experience any defects or issues with the product they can always receive guidance from Veken.
They pride themselves on being the easiest to install, users simply have to choose the area that they would like to place their rugs, cut the pad to size and it is ready to use. Due to its thickness, this product is great for floor protection and can stop any scratches on your flooring with ease. This gripper has been created in such a way that it helps to prevent any dirt or dust build up around its edges or underneath the pad, air is able to circulate to stop it becoming a breading ground for germs offering an additional health benefit.
- The product is easy to install.
- This gripper is great for the health conscious.
- It comes with a two-year warranty and lifetime support option.
- It is prevents scratches and scrapes to flooring.
- It is a very strong and durable gripper, great for a busy home.
- It is not designed to be used on vinyl flooring.
- It has a multi-purpose use and can be used on furnishings, making it less practical for customers solely concerned with securing rugs.
4. Aurrako Non Slip Rug Pads for Hardwood Floors, 6x9 Anti Slip Rug Grippers for Vinyl Tile Floors
Aurrako rug pads are especially created for customers with vinyl tile flooring; they use a non-adhesive alternative to help secure rugs and runners with minimal effort. This product is six by nine feet in length and easily adaptable to fit the area in question and ensure your rug is safely secured to your flooring. By using a PVC based material, as opposed to rubber, this is a great, lightweight alternative that will not ruin your flooring as opposed to some alternatives.
The Aurrako gripper allows for a strong, long-lasting finish with ease of installation, an innovative weaved design to reduce its weight and makes it easier to adapt and shape to the exact size you need. By allowing for better air circulation with its design it eliminates the likeliness of rugs curling or wrinkling, this helps to reduce the possibility of wear and tear and the build up of unwanted mess and dirt. They also install a lot of interest with their thirteen-year guarantee, inferring that they are very confident with their offering and want their customers to feel this same confidence in their brand.
- It has a thirteen-year guarantee.
- It specialises in vinyl tile flooring.
- It does not use rubber, which can be damaging to vinyl-based floors.
- The brand uses a specialised design to allow it to stop rugs from moving, whilst not being stuck to or ruin your flooring.
- The gripper is easy to clean and can be done so by hand, it can be cleaned and re-used as effectively as when initially purchased.
- At first the product has a strong chemical smell, but this disappears with time over the course of a few days.
- This product is specialised for use on vinyl tiled flooring, not vinyl in general, making it less compatible with some customers flooring.
5. RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Nine by twelve
Like the other RUGPADUSA products, this one is durable and long lasting through the use of a rubber coated gripper pad, which naturally outlasts those, which use chemically bound materials. As it is one eighth of an inch thick, the product helps you rug to maintain a soft and bouncy consistency, customers have experienced a cushioned feeling after installing the product rejuvenating older rugs and runners.
Rugpadusa use a waffle-like texture, this reinforces its strength and naturally connects with your flooring to ensure that your rug does not slip or move. It can be easily installed with ease by adapting the gripper to fit your needs, because of its materials it is quite heavy when compared to competitors allowing the gripper to truly stay in place, alongside utilising heat technology to better adapt to its surroundings, your home.
- Eco-friendly materials are used to create the rug.
- Rejuvenating qualities can be experienced upon installation.
- This product is chemical free.
- The gripper prevents any slips or falls as soon as it has been installed.
- Very big circumference so can be adapted to suit any flooring.
- It is very heavy and large so installation can be awkward.
- It is not as cushioned as their other products so can feel quite thin when compared.
6. RUGPADUSA – Anchor Grip Five by Eight Inches
Unlike its sister products, this gripper is a much more easy to handle size, making its installation and any adaptations more manageable to customise. The best additional benefit of this product is its thickness; by increasing its thickness your rug can enjoy a much more comfortable non-slip alternative. This is beneficial to users as it will feel better underfoot and can prolong rug wear and tear for an extended period.
Like its other variations, this product is used out of pure materials, no chemicals or PVC alternatives making it a safer choice in your home. This also means it has a longer shelf life and due to its design it is moth, mould and mildew resistant.
- Easier to adapt and customise to your needs due to the reduction in size.
- Simple to fit.
- Is made using no chemicals.
- It is safer for your home.
- Does not give off a chemical smell once installed.
- It is described as working better on thin rugs, no specification of larger, heavier rugs are implied.
- As it uses a thicker gripper it can cause rugs to be raised in your home.
7. RUGPADUSA – Basics
This product offers the brands basic offering; it is a hundred percent felt and so it is safe for use on all different floors and finishing’s including hardwood flooring.
This product, like the one before, comes at a three eights of an inch of thickness, making your rugs very cushioned and protected.
The gripper uses all recycled felt which has been made from any left over carpet fibres, making it a top eco-friendly alternative to other grippers on the market. Another great advantage of this product is that it will definitely not cause any abrasions over time; a guarantee of not marking or staining your flooring is given upon purchase of this rug pad, which can leave the customers minds at ease.
- High levels of eco-friendly design, implementation and thought have been given to this product, which makes it unique.
- It is made up of one hundred per cent felt.
- Minimises damage to flooring.
- Rejuvenates customers rugs due to its thickness
- It is used to help cushion rugs and runners in your home.
- Not intended to help rugs from moving.
- Can only be used on large rugs situated under furniture.
Things to consider before purchasing these products
Before purchasing any product for your home you must identify the true reason for its purchase and how it will impact you and anyone in your homes daily life. If your home is subject to an unruly, slippery rug or an old thin runner that needs some added TLC then purchasing a gripper or rug pad is a great alternative to replacing it.
Customers should fully explore the true usage of the carpet pads, matching their needs with the capabilities of the product. It is important to remember that some are chemically created and can cause a smell; others are made of rubber and some of felt and other recyclable materials. Depending on how chemical conscious you are could strongly influence your buying behaviour, so education of the products ingredients are key.
Some of these rug pads are made with materials customers can be allergic to, it is important to spot those that are hypoallergenic prior to purchasing, such as RUGPADUSA’s offerings. Some customers may only want to add cushioning to their worn-out rugs or are looking for a specific alternative to keep their floors clean and free from residue or staining as a priority.
What is the best rug mat to purchase for a vinyl floor?
After reading though these individual reviews it may still be difficult to come to a decision of which rug mat to buy. This section aims to highlight the key to maintaining healthy vinyl flooring whilst keeping your rug secured.
When purchasing a rug gripper for vinyl flooring you must check their ingredients, vinyl is easy to accommodate to as it requires little upkeep, but there are some huge no-goes when purchasing grippers for it. It is important to remember that rubber, or any products using rubber, are not safe to use when you have a vinyl floor. It you do use rubber based grippers your floor is highly susceptible to staining and can, in some cases, cause chemical reactions leading to much worse issues for your flooring.
The best way to accommodate to vinyl flooring is through the use of an anchor grip pad; this is made from sustainable items that do not impact on your vinyl floors health. These products work just as well and offer the same impact as those rubber alternatives. Felt based pads are also compatible with vinyl flooring, however they are not as strong or secure as those which is rubber based or anchor grip pads.