5 Best Central Vacuum System – Reviews and Buying guide
If you are tired of using a hefty vacuum cleaner to make the rooms clean, then it’s time to ponder upon central vacuum cleaners. Vacuum cleaners are indeed a great technological invention but they are not feasible for everyone to use all the time. While on one hand, you have to find a place to store them properly, on the other you have to hang them with you all around the house while cleaning which sometimes becomes difficult. This is when a good central vacuum cleaner comes to rescue.
Central vacuum cleaners not only make the whole area clean with your least efforts but also save a lot of time. They comprise wide specs which could help you get a big house, large restaurant area or offices clean in no time. Centralizing the vacuuming of the whole space with the help of vacuum ducts and attaching to an outlet makes the cleaning process easy and hassle-free.
The market in today’s date is flooded with a number of central vacuum cleaners each claiming to be the best. Therefore the real dilemma arises when you have to pick one out of all. To make your search less easy here we have come up with five best and most authentic central vacuum cleaners of the time. Check them out along with their major features and grab the one which meets your preferences the most.
Table of Contents
- Comparisons of Our Top Choices Central Vacuum System
- Reviews of Best Central Vacuum System
- 1. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit
- 2. Broan PP500 PurePower 500 Air Watts Central Vacuum System Power Unit
- 3. Honeywell 4B-H803 Quiet Pro Central Vacuum System Power Unit
- 4. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System Power Unit - Corded
- 5. Generic Electrolux PU3650 Quiet Clean Central Vacuum Unit
- Do You Really Need a Central Vacuum Cleaner?
- Things to consider while buying a central vacuum cleaner (With Video)
- Final Verdict
Comparisons of Our Top Choices Central Vacuum System
Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit
10 x 10 x 10
Broan PP500 PurePower 500 Air Watts Central Vacuum System Power Unit
14.6 x 13.2 x 29.8
Honeywell 4B-H803 Quiet Pro Central Vacuum System Power Unit
14 x 14 x 40
Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System Power Unit
11 x 11 x 33
Generic Electrolux PU3650 Quiet Clean Central Vacuum Unit
37.5 x 15.4 x 15.1
Reviews of Best Central Vacuum System
1. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit
The central vacuum cleaner from Prolux is known for being highly effective and user-friendly to make use. From the 2 powerful motors to the highly efficient filtration system, all contributes to making it one of the best to ponder upon. Since central vacuum cleaners have distinguished advantages over the traditional ones, getting the one from a brand like Prolux is the best.
Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit has already won the hearts of its users and this is the reason why people look upon it as a promising product.
Key Features of Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum
- 150 CFM 2 Speed/stage motor
- Very powerful suction due to great motors
- Perfect for home as big as 12,000 square feet
- Bagless HEPA filtration
- Comes with long period warranty
The 2-stage motor technology is enough to make it one of the best products of the time. Due to this feature, it becomes capable of producing very high suction to eliminate all kinds of dirt and debris from the home. Easy in installation and even easier to work with, this is a great product of the time which can be used anywhere from home to offices.
- There are 2 motors in the unit which imparts powerful suction and wonderful 150 CFM.
- The motor comprises powder coated steel body which bestows durability and long life to the motors and makes them secure.
- Due to its high powered motor, the company claims it to be a perfect device for a home with size as big as 12,000 square feet.
- It encompasses 3 different levels of filtration which is bagless and has washable HEPA filters.
- Few people who used it faced a problem with its suction and picking up small particles, rest the product is very worthy.
Coming in the dimensions of 10 x 10 x 10 inches, it weighs just 50 pounds is very easy to install. This is another reason why people consider it the foremost. Prolux is a reliable brand and is known among the people for manufacturing the trustworthy and authentic products.
Another appealing feature of the device is it comes with a warranty of 10 years for the motor and 25 long years for the body. This is one of the longest warranty periods which come with any vacuum cleaner. It makes sure that the motor will get serviced or replaced in case you encounter any problem with it. The presence of muffler kit with the device ensures noise-free and quiet operation of the machine.
What makes it special: If you have a large space to clean then this is your product as it is certified to be perfect for big bungalows or offices. There is a garage outlet as well on the device which can help you clean your garage or cars with ease. You can easily plug the suction hose to the central vacuum unit with the help of garage outlet. Other than this, the HEPA filters which can be washed when once get filled with dust and debris so that suction power didn’t get adversely affected.
Coming from Broan this is yet another wonderful product to look upon. Not just the features of the product are alluring the easy installation and even easier operation makes it perfect to be used by all. Broan due to its enthralling features always remain high in demand among the users and this is the reason why they always go out of stock.
Key features of Broan PP500 PurePower 500 Air Watts Central Vacuum
- Wall-mount bracket
- Perfect for 4,000 square feet large areas
- Can hold 6-gallon debris
- Didn’t require a muffler
This device from Broan is popular among people for endowing 500 Air Watts power. Air Watts is the unit to measure the effectiveness of vacuum cleaners. It is generally calculated by measuring the airflow and the power a vacuum cleaner can produce while working. This power is measured in watts and therefore the term air watts. With 500 air watts which are relatively high, the power and efficiency of this unit can be understood.
Few pros and cons related to the device are as follows:
- With its high air watts, it ensures deep and highly efficient cleaning as compared to the conventional vacuum cleaners.
- The dust bag of the device is very large which can take around 6 gallons of dirt and debris with ease.
- The sound suppression system of the device makes sure that you get a noise-free cleaning process.
- To mount it properly on the wall, there is a wall-mount bracket which makes it perfectly secure in a place.
- People who use this device complain that the suction power is not as powerful as it should be. The minute particles didn’t get picked up easily.
Coming in the dimensions of 14.6 x 13.2 x 29.8 inches this device weighs just 40 pounds which is relatively lighter than many other similar products. It is designed in such a way that even a large room with the size 4000 square feet can be cleaned with its help. Therefore if you own a large house or office this could become your ultimate escape.
The debris bag of the device is very big and disposable with the capability to hold dirt and grime with 6 gallons weight. Other than this, the presence of large latches in the disposable bag which are made ergonomically eases the draining of the grimes without any hassle. There are multi-directional connections on this device so that installation becomes a lot easier and convenient.
What makes it special: The most appealing feature of Broan PP500 PurePower Central Vacuum is the presence of Thru-flow motor. This ensures that you would always get a powerful suction while cleaning the mess of the house. Also, you don’t have to worry about the noise which is made while vacuuming.
Since it comprises sound-absorbing high-performance materials the loud sound gets suppressed easily. It seizes the need of a muffler to slow down the noise as well. Made up of metal and plastic it makes a great central vacuum cleaner.
3. Honeywell 4B-H803 Quiet Pro Central Vacuum System Power Unit
The next wonderful central vacuum cleaner comes from Honeywell. Being one of the most authentic brands in manufacturing central vacuums it is looked upon as a most prominent one of the time. Whether we talk about its heavy-duty steel body or the suction power, all contributes to making it the best and most favored central vacuum system.
Since it has managed to make a remarkable place in the market, let us take an insight to some of the major features associated with it.
Key features of Honeywell 4B-H803 Quiet Pro Central Vacuum System
- Made up of high-grade steel
- HEPA filters
- Can perform in 12,000 square foot area
- 15-Amp Dual-stage motor
Honeywell 4B-H803 central vacuum cleaner is known for having a very impressive suction which is a must-have spec for any cleaning device. The reason why it is looked upon as the most feasible product is its powerful 630 air watt capacity. People who need high power and great suction to pick up every speck of dirt and dust look forward to this wonderful central vacuum cleaner.
It has manufactured utilizing noise-reduction technology which ensures quiet operation throughout the process. With the warranty of 5 long years, it becomes a great choice to ponder upon over the traditional vacuum cleaners.
There are many pros and cons related to the product which impart it the desired place in the market. Some of the most promising ones are as follows:
- This device works with very low noise. It becomes hard to notice that a vacuum cleaner is working in the house as it makes very hush voice during cleaning.
- The motor is made up of heavy-duty steel so it automatically becomes durable and a long lasting machine to look upon.
- The HEPA filters of the machine are permanent therefore the trouble of replacing them every now and then seizes completely.
- Due to powerful suction and high-grade features, it is rated best for large areas up to 12,000 square feet.
- Some people prefer changing the filters in order to achieve better cleaning but the HEPA filters in this device are permanent.
Coming in the dimensions of 14 x 14 x 40 inches, it weighs just 40.3 pounds and makes a great central vacuum cleaner to look upon. With an easy installation, it also managed to grab the attention of those who prefer a user-friendly and easy operable device.
The powerful suction of the device which is contributed to it by the 15-Amp Dual-stage motor, the device remains highly profitable from all the aspects. The suction power is calculated to be 135 inches which are a greater than many other competitive central vacuum cleaners.
What makes it special: The most important feature of the product is the presence of 7-Gallon dirt receptacle. This is a huge and very large dirt collector which is designed in such a way that you can view how much dirt has got collected inside it. With the help of secure anchoring, you can easily drain the dirt out as well once the bag gets filled. Although it has a powerful motor and great suction, it still makes very less noise.
4. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System Power Unit - Corded
This is yet another wonderful product coming from Honeywell which is known to be highly lucrative and easy to use. Since this is a renowned name in the field of central vacuum cleaners the chances to doubt its authenticity gets limited. From its sturdy body to amazing suction, all make it a great product of the time.
It is indeed a great Electrolux central vacuum system with the features worth to ponder upon. So let us take a sneak peek at some of the major specs of the machine.
Key features of Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System
- Powerful 500 air watt
- Dual-stage motor with great suction
- Self-cleaning HEPA filters
- Heavy-duty steel body construction
This is one of the best central vacuum cleaners from the Honeywell and the reason behind is not only the great suction and powerful motor but also a durable and long-lasting body. The steel used in its manufacturing is of high-grade which impart it the desired sturdiness and strength. Easy to get installed and even easier to operate this device can be handled by anyone in the family.
Some of the most alluring advantages and a few drawbacks of Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System are as follows:
- This machine is designed in such a way that there is no need of venting. The automatic vent system makes it easy.
- The high-quality HEPA filters present in the cleaner are capable of self-cleaning.
- It is manufactured in a way that it can clean around 3000 square feet of space with ease.
- With the 500 air watts and 13.7 Amps motor, it imparts the suction power of 110 inches and makes sure that every speck of dirt is picked up completely.
- It didn’t comprise an inlet to the unit which is looked upon by many customers.
- People who own it complain of having less suction power and not able to suck up small particles.
Coming in the dimensions of 11 x 11 x 33 inches, this device is lightest in weight with just 22.8 pounds. The heavy-duty steel body gives it the required durability and makes it strong enough to last for a longer period of time. Other than this, the powerful suction makes it perfect for a house as big as 3000 square feet.
The dirt receptacle of this central vacuum cleaner from Honeywell is 4 gallons big ensuring large grime can get accustomed to it. The dirt receptacle has a clear window from where anyone can check out the amount of dirt that has accumulated in it. The great design and easy to operate functionality has elevated the worth of this machine manifolds.
What makes it special: The use of noise reduction technology with the help of which a noise-free cleaning is done throughout the day is what makes this device extraordinarily great. Due to the use of this technology the need of mufflers to suppress the sound also seizes. This is the reason why it is considered the best for those who have infants or elder and sick people at home.
5. Generic Electrolux PU3650 Quiet Clean Central Vacuum Unit
The last but one of the best in the category of central vacuum cleaner comes from Generic. This wonderful machine is designed keeping in mind the needs of users and therefore is the best to ponder upon. From the presence of powerful motor to the great suction all contributes to making it a great centralized vacuum cleaner of the time.
Since it is looked upon by the people the most it is always in high demand. Let us take a look at some of the major features of the Generic Electrolux PU3650 Quiet Clean Central Vacuum Unit.
Key features of Generic Electrolux PU3650:
- Comprises a mounting bracket
- Self-cleaning HEPA filters
- 2 stage bypass motor
- Comes with a muffler
Just like every other centralized vacuum cleaner, this device is also great in endowing the powerful suction with the help of a strong motor. The two-stage bypass motor helps to bestow a very efficient suction to the device which in turn HELPS in clearing every speck of dirt in the least time.
Some of the major pros and cons related to it are as follows:
- To help reduce the noise to a minimum it comes along with a muffler. It suppresses the cleaning sound to a great extent and makes the whole process noise-free.
- Due to the presence of mounting bracket the device get adjusted properly. Installation becomes easy and anyone can use it in the home.
- The HEPA filters present in the cleaner make sure that every speck of the dirt would be picked and the motor will function properly. These filters are self-cleaning as well which elevate the worth of the product even more.
- Due to the use of high-grade materials in the manufacturing, the product becomes durable and therefore comes with the warranty of 10 years as well.
- There are no accessories included with the device which divert people from splurging upon it.
- People who have used it faced the Electrolux getting impaired every now and then which needs repairmen and sometimes replacement as well.
Coming in the dimensions of 37.5 x 15.4 x 15.1 inches, this device is 27.4 pounds and is very light in weight. This makes it easy to use and operate the cleaning process. Due to its wonderful features and specifications, it is considered perfect for large areas with the size of 8000 square feet.
What makes it special: The Generic Electrolux PU3650 Quiet Clean Central Vacuum Unit is a bagless cleaning device, but what makes it special is the paper bag option which is generally not present in the centralized vacuum cleaners.
Other than this, the power packed motor and suction enhances its worth even more. It is a perfectly designed central vacuum cleaner which could become your ultimate choice to make your ambiance neat, clean and tidy.
So these are some of the best and most feasible central vacuum cleaners of the time. With their wide range of features, they have managed to impress the users and thereby make a notable place in the market as well.
Do You Really Need a Central Vacuum Cleaner?
A neat and clean home is an ideal place to visit. Not just it looks nice but is also free from allergens and dander which are the root cause of many diseases. If you love to clean your house but vacuuming is not your cup of tea then splurging on a central vacuum cleaner is the best.
So if you qualify the below points to consider yourself the one who needs a central vacuum cleaner.
- Since it makes very little noise, if you have infants, elders or sick people at home they seem the most feasible. Being noise-free and making a sound in a hush tome they do not disturb anyone in the house while cleaning.
- If you or your kids are susceptible to pollens and allergens using central vacuum cleaner is the best. Since they are designed in such a way that the outlets go directly outside of the house, all the dirt and dust used to vent out directly out making the ambiance of the inside free from allergy-causing agents.
- People with backaches or those who feel difficulty in bending can use it as they don’t have to carry the device to every room. Once the unit gets installed all your efforts to carry the heavyweight devices seizes.
- These cleaners have 5 times more cleaning power than the conventional vacuum cleaners. Generally, central vacuum cleaners comprise extremely powerful motors so that they can suck up all the debris from the home; therefore, they are more convenient to make use.
- They are a long-term investment and cost-effective as well. With a centralized vacuum cleaner, you don’t have to worry about replacing the filters every now and then and once installed they work for longer period of time without showing any sign of getting rugged or damaged.
- They save a lot of time. Whether you are working or a homemaker making use of a conventional vacuum cleaner and working for hours to make the rooms clean waste a lot of time. This is when a good central vacuum cleaner could save your time and excess of efforts, both.
If you think these points to be valid enough for your use, pondering upon centralized vacuum cleaners would be a great choice.
Things to consider while buying a central vacuum cleaner (With Video)
Since central vacuum cleaners have numerous advantages over any traditional vacuum cleaner, picking them is always a smart choice. Keeping few points in mind while buying one becomes important to get the best product. So here is the buying guide for central vacuum cleaners to help you get the best out of all.
Always prefer quality over price
Central vacuum cleaner system is generally one-time investment if you are purchasing after a proper review of the product. Of course, you don’t want to indulge in the installation of the whole central unit all over again.
Therefore don’t fall into the trap of cheaper price. Companies that manufacture high-quality central vacuum cleaners keep their price on a higher side and they are worth every penny. So always try to make an affordable purchase with a branded product only.
Look for the features which are utmost important
Most of the companies would showcase you wide features among which some would be of no use. People generally fall for a large number of useless features rather than limited ones which are vital. This is when they end up getting a relatively worthless product of higher rate. Therefore make sure that you are getting the products which encompass important features rather than useless one.
Make sure that you are splurging on a product which comes with good maintenance services. If the company is providing you good services for a regular maintenance, your vacuum will remain steady with its functionality. Better is to ponder upon the products which require low maintenance and have a user-friendly interface.
Look for the right filtration system
Central vacuum cleaners come with three different types of filtration systems whose functionality becomes important to know before making a purchase. These are:
1. Bagged Units: The bagged units are similar to the ones which are there in the traditional vacuum cleaners. Although they are the most convenient to use, all that you need is to drain the dust out as soon as the bag gets filled 3/4th in order to retain the suction power.
2. Filtered Units: With a good filter system these vacuum cleaners prevent the dust and dirt to get clogged in the machine. A regular cleanup or change of the filters for proper maintenance becomes vital with these units.
3. Cyclonic Units: With a cyclonic unit, the need of outside venting becomes a must. These units spin the dust and filths at a very high rate in which heavy dirt gets settled in the canister and the rest get exhausted out.
The installation process and the inlets (With Video)
Central vacuum cleaners are majorly installed in the garage or basement. Generally, the installation is quite easy in most of the central vacuum cleaners but making sure that it is user-friendly as well is very important. Other than this, these vacuums make use of two different types of valves: standard valves and super valves.
While with super valves the need of power nozzle becomes important, you can use standard valves without power nozzles. Therefore for hardwood floorings, standard ones are the most feasible. On the other hand, super valves are little tricky to use and therefore need of a licensed electrician becomes important with it.
Look out for the additional accessories coming with it
Make sure that you are getting enough additional accessories to make your cleaning even better. From the flooring and dusting to the upholstery brushes, a wide range of cleaning accessories is endowed by the companies along with the vacuum cleaners. Ensure that you are getting crevice tools and brushes for cleaning the carpet like electric and turbo-powered as well.
The central vacuum cleaner is a great device to get installed in the house, offices, and restaurants. With this unit, you get the freedom from carrying those bulky canisters or backpacks for cleaning the rooms. The most alluring fact related to central vacuum cleaners is they are user-friendly and extremely easy to operate. With the little noise, they make while cleaning, ensures that you can use it with elder people and infants in your home.
When vacuuming a large house becomes tiresome, pondering upon a central vacuum cleaner could fetch you great results. So grab the product which you find the best and most feasible and make your home clean in the least time and with little efforts.